ORBX scenery programs

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
new reply
flash2
Senior Airman

ORBX scenery programs

Post by flash2 »

I am flying Ant's Tiger Moth, T-6 Texan and Spitfires on MFS-Steam and just purchased and downloaded a number of Orbx scenery programs on FTX Central per their recommendation and was looking for some guidance on how to incorporate these programs into Microsoft Steam upon start up. Is FTX Central an alternative to Steam or an enhancement. Any experience with both or suggestions would be appreciated. I am essentially a computer novice although I can negotiate my way in Steam at this point. I will explore this same topic with Orbx.

Thanks,
John

ebo
Master Sergeant

Re: ORBX scenery programs

Post by ebo »

See FTX Central as your one-stop shop for all Orbx sceneries. You use this tool to install the sceneries you have purchased. It will detect which sim you have. Select FSX:SE and install the purchased sceneries.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: ORBX scenery programs

Post by Skycat »

I purchased most of my ORBX FTX scenery addons before the current version of FTX Central. For all my older sceneries I simply downloaded the install executable files from the website I purchased them from (Flightsim Store at that time) and then installed them into FSX from my desktop.

The current FTX Central works as both a scenery management program and as an online store for ORBX products, much like what Steam does for "FSX Steam Edition." If you have ORBX sceneries already installed, FTX Central should locate and register them to your FTX Central profile. FTX Central can then notify you as updates for your products are available and it lets you update directly through the interface. You don't have to open FTX Central every time you run FSX Steam but it isn't a bad idea to run FTX Central once every month or two to see if there are any updates for the sceneries you have installed to the simulation.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”