new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

FlightChops flies "The Harvard""

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Steve - FlightChops flies "the Harvard" in his latest video. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3-b5z6YqKU&t=888s[/youtube]

Watching this, I was thinking with how many things I'm already familiar with about this aircraft - thanks to A2A's wonderful model.

The Landings...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcPQA_Z5ufI[/youtube]

Cheerz,
Will
Last edited by LZ-WIL on 21 May 2018, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Re: FlightChops flies "The Harvard""

Post by Dreamsofwings »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

Steve - FlightChops flies "the Harvard" in his latest video. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3-b5z6YqKU&t=888s[/youtube]

Watching this, I was thinking with how many things I'm already familiar with about this aircraft - thanks to A2A's wonderful model.

Cheerz,
Will
Was just about to post this too. Great video. :)

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

My favorite YouTube aviation channel by a wide margin. Apparently this is the first of a series - am seriously looking forward to the rest. Thanks for posting!
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Awesome video! It must be so great to fly the T-6 in RL. I’m really looking forward to the next episode when Steve is showing the approaches and landings. Thats gonna be fun to watch from the sofa :wink:

And yes Alan I agree. Best aviation YouTube channel!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Watched this yesterday and great video (as normal from flightchops). Looking forward to the next ones 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hey guys,

new FlightChops episode where Steve's landing the Harvard. Awesome stuff. Watch here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcPQA_Z5ufI[/youtube]

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Just watched it! :D Indeed awesome stuff.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

LZ-WIL wrote:Just watched it! :D Indeed awesome stuff.
And I find it interesting what he says. He goes: “..it’s been 20 years of worrying about this thing..” Which shows what reputation the T-6 has gotten over the years. Unfortunately I have no time in a real T-6 and I’m sure it’s not the easiest airplane to land but I sometimes feel like taildraggers get to much of a bad reputation. I might be wrong though.

Anyways great video to watch as usual from Steve!

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Agreed! Loved the instructor's take: "You've really built this thing up. You've made it seem like an insurmountable [obstacle]... it's really not a bad airplane to fly."
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Piper_EEWL wrote:
LZ-WIL wrote:Just watched it! :D Indeed awesome stuff.
And I find it interesting what he says. He goes: “..it’s been 20 years of worrying about this thing..” Which shows what reputation the T-6 has gotten over the years. Unfortunately I have no time in a real T-6 and I’m sure it’s not the easiest airplane to land but I sometimes feel like taildraggers get to much of a bad reputation. I might be wrong though.

Anyways great video to watch as usual from Steve!
You're right. Tail wheel aircraft DO have an unwarranted reputation. Flying them is simply a matter of understanding that the physics involved in handling them on the ground presents itself a bit differently than the way the physics present themselves with tricycle aircraft on the ground. Same physics mind you................just need a bit more "understanding".

And the T6 simply presents a larger and heavier aircraft to all these physics so the T6 needs just a bit "more" understanding.
:-))
Dudley Henriques

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: You're right. Tail wheel aircraft DO have an unwarranted reputation. Flying them is simply a matter of understanding that the physics involved in handling them on the ground presents itself a bit differently than the way the physics present themselves with tricycle aircraft on the ground. Same physics mind you................just need a bit more "understanding".
Yes exactly. If experienced that on a smaller scale with the Piper Super Cub where people think that it is so dangerous to land on hard surfaces with a crosswind. But honestly I’m my experience if you keep current and are prepared that it’s going to try to get out from underneath you it ain’t that bad. I’m sure the T-6 is a different beast if not only due to its weight but it’s still just an airplane.
DHenriquesA2A wrote: And the T6 simply presents a larger and heavier aircraft to all these physics so the T6 needs just a bit "more" understanding.
:-))
:lol: :lol:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I wonder, how many people fired up their sim and jumped in the T-6 for a few circuits after watching those videos. I know I did and it was 2am! :D

I also rewatched Scott's release video and wondered how many hours he had on the Texan. Quite a few I'd imagine.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”