low RPM readings on A2A TR-6 and Spitfires

The world's most popular advanced trainer of WWII
flash2
Senior Airman

Re: low RPM readings on A2A TR-6 and Spitfires

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Thank you for the very timely response.Do you ever sleep!

I have forwarded the T-6 list to Tom Tsui who provides software working with SpadNext software to adapt Saitek Instruments by tailoring displays to individual planes and has some other A2A plane instruments. He can be contacted at
[email protected] His Store address is http://store.fsxtimes.com/index.php?s=all&sid_04=1 where you can see other A2A gauges.

I look Forward to the Spitfire LVars

Thanks again
John

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Thank you for the T-6 Lvars. Any progress is finding the Spitfire LVars or just the Lvars for the RPM gauge?

thanks,
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, ROB made the Spitfire PDF, heres the thread;
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 78&t=67057

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Thank you and Rob for the Lvars on the Spitfire.

I will let you know when I get the Saitek Rpm gauges up and running with the correct dial configurations and readings on the T-6 and Spitfires and the source and link for these software modifications to pass on to others on the Forum.

John

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

I will soon be getting my T-6 and Spitfire RPM gauges and will have to install SPAD.neXT to operate them. I understand the Spad.neXT will allow me to do many other modifications but wondered if I would still be able to use the A2A individual plane Configurators just to keep things simple.

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes John, you can still chose how to map your bits and pieces.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

John,

My Spitfire Sim uses a combination of FS2Phidget, Flight Illusion Gauges GUI, FSUIPC , LVars/Macros and the Configurator, to handle all of the Indicator Lights, switches and gauges.

The only software I haven't found to "play nice" is LINDA and that is purely because it (used to, still does??) takeover and "suppress" FSUIPC calls and only does (did?) inputs.
So when it is running, I can't get any gauges that must process through FSUIPC to work. Brilliant programme though and hopefully when I set up the new aluminium rebuild
LINDA will handle outputs as well.

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis and Darryl,

My RPM Gauges from FSX times- gauges are installed and operating. They are the exact copies of the T-6 and Spitfires gauges and very accurate. This RPM gauge also includes a flap indicator gauge and it follows exactly the uneven rising response of the right and left flaps of the Spitfires with two independent balls rising and one (overlapping) falling since the action is so sudden. The T-6 is not as dramatic as the Lvars evidently spell out the control setting rather than the actual flap positions whereas the cockpit indicators evidently show independent flap progress. Possibly Tom may have selected the wrong Lvars for incorporation into gauge. Could you identify the Lvars for the cockpit indicator gauges in the event they can be selected. Also I am operating the T-6 flaps with a lever on a 2nd control quadrant and it has an intermediate flap position at which registers as about 30% down compared to full flaps. I found I had to operate it by going down full flaps quickly and then immediately raising to neutral and the flaps would stop at neutral ( 30%). I am also using another lever on this controller for the Radiator flap on the spitfires.

Bottom line is I am quite pleased with the gauges and wondered if you could share this and the contact info that I had previously provided for FSX Times- Gauges and Tom Tsui, gauge designer and store owner.

I have also installed a FIP Gauges Altimeter that is neat in that it incorporates a GND/Sea level reference gauge with rates of ascent and decent with warning lights and altitude alarm both Visible and Audible that is settable as well as other controls of gauge Background intensity and face glare etc.

Thanks again,

John

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

Do you know if Saitek FIP Gauges work with T-6 Manifold pressure and Spitfire boost or will I have to use LVars for these indicators?

Thanks,
John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello John,

I believe for those Saitek gauges you'll be wanting to use Spad next and our variables.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Affirm John, the boost needs special treatment with the LVars as it isn't the straight FSX/P3D Manifold figure.
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

I had a couple of RPM gauges made up and are operating accurately With SPAD.neXt and proper Lvars for T-6 and Spitfires and planning on Cooling Temperatures for both planes and Manifold pressure for T-6 and Boost for Spitfires. My understanding is that Boost as shown on the gauge is the ratio of Manifold pressure to atmospheric pressure and that -4 is 8/32. Is that correct? Also is see a boost limit control knob and nowhere yet have I seen any instructions on when or why to use this in the manual. Could you elaborate?

Thanks,
John

flash2
Senior Airman

Post by flash2 »

Killratio,

Do you have a Saitek operative boost gauge for Spitfires operating -4 to +8 and if you do could you share your Lvars treatment to accomplishing this.

Thank you John

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief

Post by Killratio »

Sorry John,

Mine are Flight Illusion gauges which work on a proprietary software. No good for saitek.
I can give you my "table" which matches boost pressures on the screen gauge to a 944 step stepper reading?

D

flash2
Senior Airman

Flap indicator malfunction in Spitfire MKI vs MkII

Post by flash2 »

Lewis,

I had special RPM Gauges for the Spitfire made that looks like and reads exactly as the Spitfire MKI and incorporates a Flap position indicator that shows each flap independently lowering and raising using the LVars for this plane. and SPAD.neXt. I have switched to flying the the Spitfire MKII and find that the RPM Gauge works perfectly and that the flap gauge is inoperative with this plane. Are there different flap LVars for the MkII?

Also, I have flap indicators incorporated on another gauge that I recently purchased and want to change the above gauge from flaps to landing gear or U/C. Assuming that I will need LVars for the MKII is the landing gear Lvar available?

This may sound a little silly but flying the MkI with the manual crank is burdensome at best and I do a lot of flying out of the cockpit with external meters, especially acrobatics, and once when I thought the landing gear was fully up ( visual from external view and much cranking on (G)), I did a spin and the wheels flew off the plane. I could not believe it initially, but the realism is outstanding! Thus the desire for external confirmation that the landing gear is up. This may be redundant for the MKII where pumping is automatic but is still required for the MKI and reassuring for the MKII.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John
p.s. I tried increasing the size of this typing by trying to click on Normal above on the site without success

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan"”