T6 installer for P3Dv4 won't run.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
crippy
Staff Sergeant

Re: T6 installer for P3Dv4 won't run.

Post by crippy »

You may want to disable anti-virus software before installing if you haven't already as well as running the installer in Administrator mode.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Cowboy100
Airman

Post by Cowboy100 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:There's something on your system blocking as all the products you mention you have form us all use the same installer. The only options are a corrupt download, or something on your system blocking the installer from running?

thanks,
Lewis
Then why can I install the C182 just fine?
crippy wrote:You may want to disable anti-virus software before installing if you haven't already as well as running the installer in Administrator mode.
been there, done that.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you checked the event logs to see if there are any messages in there? The system will usually capture some information about crashing process.

Disabling antivirus software is not going to help if the AV software has already scanned the file and blocked it. It may be worthwhile checking the AV software logs to see if the installer file has been blocked. Either that or it may help to set up an exclusion rule. There are some products I own that will get blocked by a heuristics scan on AVG. The only way around it is to set up an exclusion.

Once the files are blocked on my system by AVG they exhibit a similar behavior to what you describe when Iattempt to launch the software.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cowboy100 wrote: Then why can I install the C182 just fine?
Because the system is blocking the T6 trainer but not the others. This would explain why others run fine but the same software for the t-6 doesn't.

Some kind of malware setting on your computer sounds like it needs an exception as Oracle mentioned.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Cowboy100
Airman

Post by Cowboy100 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Cowboy100 wrote: Then why can I install the C182 just fine?
Because the system is blocking the T6 trainer but not the others.
Lewis
Obviously.

In any case, I think I solved it. I ran a compatibility check (right click and properties on the .exe) and ran it with 'suggested' settings and it worked.
TIme will tell if it installed correctly.
I'll keep you posted.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”