Landing lights in the VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
patful
Master Sergeant

Landing lights in the VC

Post by patful »

I finally started flying at night in the Texan. Once airborne, the landing light cones disappear in the VC, but they're still visible in spot and tower views (from any angle, at all altitudes). The ground is illuminated, just no cones. Is this by design? P3D v4, Windows 10 64, no other addons.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Re: Landing lights in the VC

Post by mallcott »

patful wrote:I finally started flying at night in the Texan. Once airborne, the landing light cones disappear in the VC, but they're still visible in spot and tower views (from any angle, at all altitudes). The ground is illuminated, just no cones. Is this by design? P3D v4, Windows 10 64, no other addons.
Probably overwritten the P3D v4 effects file with some aftermarket same-name replacement. Bad mistake. Restore default file and try again.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Thanks, but as I said, my P3D is completely default except the Texan, zero addons. P3D landing light FX files are original, 5/24/17. Texan's are all 5/22/17.

Edited: Just checked the default Acclaim. Its taxi light does the same. When the wheels leave the ground, the light (ball, not a cone) disappears from the VC. Still shows up in externals. So the problem isn't with the Texan. Super.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I went with the "Delete the Prepar3D.CFG file if you don't know what to do" solution. All lights are working fine now. Still not certain what happened, hadn't changed any settings in days. The landing lights worked in the fog on the flight previous to the night flights. While reading through the Connie threads a few days ago, I saw a suggestion to always run P3D as Administrator, so I did. The lights went out on that flight.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

Have you also applied the Hotfix from L-M?

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I did, on the 26th of June. Maybe my memory is bad (well, it's awful actually), and the fog flight with functional lights was just before the Hotfix.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”