Non functioning downloads

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
zarp51
Airman

Non functioning downloads

Post by zarp51 »

I purchased the T-6 and it took several months of trying to finally get it to work properly. Worked fine at last but I used up all available downloads getting it to work. Computer crashed and had to be replaced. New computer, reinstall of FSX, reinstall of SP 2 Repurchased T-6 Displays perfectly inside and out. Engine wont start and control surfaces do not work and have no access to maintenance hanger. Purchased the P-51. Again displays perfectly no hanger, control surfaces work but engine wont start. I own A real P-51 "Warhorse" I am a pilot with a letter of authorization to fly it. I should know how to start the engine. so don't know what the problem is. I loved the T-6 when it was working almost like being there, extremely accurate (hence the repurchase) My first ride in any airplane was in an SNJ-4 and I bought half interest in it and then learned to fly in a T-6/ SN-J. I have owned three Beech 18s before my partner and I built the P-51 from crates and box's it took nine years. Got any answers as to why neither of the downloads failed to work? I have the Sky Unlimited P-51 and the SU T-6 they work perfectly as well as a number of other add ons including scenery that work properly. Thanks

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Non functioning downloads

Post by Oracle427 »

One quick piece of feedback would be to

1 You don't need to re-purchase if you run out of downloads. If you ask here on the forums, A2A will reset your downloads. This assumes you purchased it from the A2A store.

2 how are you attempting to open the maintenance hangar? Shift-7? Do any of the menus open shift-2, 3 4, etc.? How about when you try to access these menus from one if the stock aircraft?

If the menus fail to open with the stock aircraft, you may need to check control assignments to make sure that show/hide panel 1,2,3,etc. are bound to appropriate keys. If the controls are bind then you will need to check of the transparency is set to 100% in the display control panel. If so, set it to 0%.

Next, unlike the real aircraft, you cannot fuel the aircraft the conventional way, and you also cannot use the standard FSX menus to fuel it. You must use the A2A provided menus to fuel up. If you can't access the menus then that would explain why you are unable to start, because you probably have no fuel.

Lastly, do you have the Accusim expansion for the P-51?

Let's see how you get on from here.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just to add to Oracles response if you ever have problems, just post you'll find 99.9% of issues are just common little issues that can be fixed very easily. The more information you can give the better and quicker we can help. As Oracle mentions we can activate downloads as and when needed no worries just ask.

Can you let me know if you are using the old disc or steam edition of FSX?

You mentioned SP2 so I assume the old disc version, did you also update with FSX SP1 prior to FSX SP2?

Thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

zarp51 wrote:I purchased the T-6 and it took several months of trying to finally get it to work properly. Worked fine at last but I used up all available downloads getting it to work. Computer crashed and had to be replaced. New computer, reinstall of FSX, reinstall of SP 2 Repurchased T-6 Displays perfectly inside and out. Engine wont start and control surfaces do not work and have no access to maintenance hanger. Purchased the P-51. Again displays perfectly no hanger, control surfaces work but engine wont start. I own A real P-51 "Warhorse" I am a pilot with a letter of authorization to fly it. I should know how to start the engine. so don't know what the problem is. I loved the T-6 when it was working almost like being there, extremely accurate (hence the repurchase) My first ride in any airplane was in an SNJ-4 and I bought half interest in it and then learned to fly in a T-6/ SN-J. I have owned three Beech 18s before my partner and I built the P-51 from crates and box's it took nine years. Got any answers as to why neither of the downloads failed to work? I have the Sky Unlimited P-51 and the SU T-6 they work perfectly as well as a number of other add ons including scenery that work properly. Thanks
Zarp51;

First of all welcome to the A2A forums. My name is Dudley Henriques. I'm a consultant here at A2A and in the real world I advise on Warbird safety issues. I'm fairly familiar with the Mustang having flown it many times and advise within the P51 community.
I believe you will find many people here on the forums capable of helping you get up and running properly with our P51 and T6.
I see Lewis has already gotten involved and he is the "go to" guy for downloading problems.
I see you own a Mustang. Where are you based?
Anyway, welcome to A2A. I hope to see things straightened out for you so that you can properly enjoy the great simulation we created for the Mustang and T6.
Dudley Heniques

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

Finally got back on here. Shift +7 or 8 do not bring up the hanger, the P-51 shows smoke when I start the engine but the prop does not move and the throttle does not move or change the engine sound. The elevator does not move while the other controls work with my controller. On the T-6 everything seems to work but the engine will not start, the props on both planes do not move when I use ctrl + e. Fuel gauges read full on both planes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Zarp,

can you please confirm your platform and if you have run the latest Accu-sim updater

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

I have micro soft Flight Simulator X. That's all I know about the platforms. I did download an update which allowed me to fly the P-51 one time, the second time I flew it the ailerons were somehow far to the left. The stick had to be held almost all the way to the right to make the plane level. In trying to move the trim the plane kept dropping the nose and while looking down into the cockpit it was extremely hard to keep the plane from dropping the nose. The trim wheel had to be re-accessed constantly with quick moves up to look outside to stabilize the aircraft as I had to put the curser on the trim wheel then pull it until it would not move the trim any more, then move the curser back up and get another grip and pull it down until the plane finally crashed. Upon reloading the flight of course the prop was bent back. Discovered Ctrl seven did not bring up the hanger Ctrl eight did not bring it up either. when doing so I get quick black boxes then nothing I tried the numbers from one to ten and got very quick black boxes in different portions of the screen but they just flashed and disappeared. After downloading one of the updates the latest one I could find) I finally got the T-6 to start. the prop spins now and then stops I can move the plane forward several yards before the engine stops starts stops starts then stops the control surfaces do not move when in the outside view. the civilian P-51 control surfaces work except for the elevator which does not move but when doing a take off and landing from inside the plane worked fine. The frustration level is getting very high. got to fly the T-6 for several weeks while it was working perfectly but that went away and I have exhausted all my downloads trying to get it to work that time. Have only flown the 51 once and it was not working properly that time. I read the forum instructions and they say to go to %$&&^% and type in such and such and then delete this and then go to (*&&^ and reload whatever have no idea how to do this and where to go to even try. I know how to find and enter the program files and how to get into the uninstall section. Why don't the auto install work? It may sound stupid but I am just good enough on a computer to mess it up when things go wrong!

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

I purchased both the T-six downloads from the FS pilot shop. I purchased the backup CD"S also but they don't seem to have anything on them and it just seems to connect to the page with my receipt and try's to download another one of the exhausted downloads. I purchased all three planes through Pay-Pal I learned not to keep trying to fix anything by deleting and reloading the downloads so I've only used up about three downloads of the P-51

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

If you save the download files to a location on your machine, you will only ever need to download them once. I take it that FSPilotShop does not offer free unlimited downloads?

There is no reason to keep downloading an re-installing. That isn't going to fix your issues anyway. The state of the aircraft is saved in the My Documents folder inside some A2A folders, so no amount of reinstalling will help unless you delete these file as these are created and updated by your simulation when you use it. For now, I wouldn't even delete those as those are probably just fine.

As you have proceeded to reinstall a couple of times, you are probably not running the correct version of the software. You MUST go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\T6\Update_fsx and delete the client.wyc file in there.
Then do the same for the P-51 inside its folder.
Then re-run the update utility.
Then stop re-installing! :)

Instead of pressing ctrl-# to open the hangar and other screens, have you tried pressing shift-#? Those are the default keystrokes.

Start with that to get into the maintenance hangar to get the aircraft into a clean fixed state before anything else.

I suspect your control mappings are not right if you are having problems with the control surfaces. Have you attemped to fly with any of the stock aircraft yet to see if the control mappings are behaving okay? I suspect you have some other control axis bound to the aileron axis. If you have rudder pedals, a throttle quadrant and a joystick, I can assure you that FSX will not have correct control mappings by default. You may find that the mixture or prop pitch levers are mapped to your ailerons or the brakes are controlling the elevator.

Start with that before trying with the A2A aircraft for the moment. If you confirm that all those are behaving okay, then let's work back to the A2A aircraft.

Lastly, you should map the elevator trim to a control like a hat switch. Using the views and the mouse is very awkward and unrealistic as far as the amount of effort required to manipulate the trim. In real life you can just reach over grab the wheel and turn it all the while never looking inside the cockpit.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”