None of my A2A planes work properly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
zarp51
Airman

None of my A2A planes work properly

Post by zarp51 »

I'mm backkkkk...zarp51. I purchased the P-40 in the hopes that a new install of a complete plane would fix the rest of my planes The T-6 The p-51 and the P-40. Couldnt acess the hanger using control or shift 7 Downloaded an update and now have the hanger but when doing repairs the repair list says aircraft is like new. When I bring up one of the planes in the sim various things dont work making the planes unflyable. I have no idea about the flight sim p3d or whatever I installed my sim from the Flight sim X instalation CD All other aircraft and flight controls work perfectly. The SU T-6 set the Ants T- 38 the WOP P-51 both civilian and war bird versions etc. All of my scenery downloads work fine. Dont know how to proceed Tried everything I'm skilled enough to do but nothing works. I read in the forums about deleting files go to H5%d and do this or try that but have no idea how to find the locations suggested. I can go to C program files X 86 flight sim X microsoft games flight sim x sim objects airplanes and open the various aircraft folders but have no idea where or how to access all the other things suggested. Normaly when I buy an add-on I just click the auto installer and thats it, the download comes up when I select the plane or scenery, I have no other problems with those downloads. Havent tried the lockheed or whatever download for a possible fix dont even have a clue where to find it. I have some very cool A2A cockpit and external view aircraft but unfortunatly none of them work. Engines wont start, throttle doesent change rpm, control surfaces dont move, right brake wont work. Sometimes I can taxi the T-6 but without a right brake , makes for some interesting ground loops. The P-51 brakes dont work at all it just runs off the end of the runway and goes a mile or two into the scenery or crashs into whatever object happens to be in the way, frustrating to say the least. Unfortunatly I dont know anyone who is computer savvy who can sit at my computer and fix this. Thank you for the help you have given, not computer savvy just know enough to get by on normal things. When I get some time maybe I'll take a computer course and learn the language. When my T-6 worked properly for a few days it was a really fun plane to use. My P-51 never has worked correctly so I cant say how good it is, the P-40 looks great but it has never worked either.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: None of my A2A planes work properly

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

its sounds like you are either trying to run FSX SP2 aircraft on FSX that hasnt been updated using the two service packs or/and you have not run the latest Accu-sim updater.

The Two service packs for FSX where available from Microsoft and are a requirement. Best bet though would be to be running the FSX Steam edition that comes updated and is currently supported by its publishers/developers Dovetail games.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

I'm running the original Flight sim X. I have installed both sp1 and sp2. I deleated both and reinstalled both instaling sp1 first and then reinstalled sp2 second to make sure I used the proper sequence. I have installed one update from A2A I dont know which one it was and the T-6 worked fine for awhile, are there possible newer updates? Should'nt a complete rebuild of the aircraft in the hanger fix the control problems? I'm not sure all of the hanger repairs are present to select from. I have eight gigs of ram a three gig intel i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20 ghz and a sixty four bit operating system. The operating system is windows 7 professinoal service pac one is showing on the computer operating properties. Are the service packs different from the operating system and in the game? What is the acceleration download thing I sometimes run across? Could it be that my computer has somehow not accepted the service pac 2 downloads? I have no issues with any of my other payware downloads which makes this problem so depressing. I have a lot of other payware downloads the most complex I think is the twenty nine palms airport You might want to look into it, it is really interesting. The detail and moving people trucks and ia aircraft are amazing.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the latest Accu-sim updater should be the update to use. You can download it here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=57819

Remember to restart your computer after installs.

thanks,
Lewis

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

Thanks for not giving up on my problems Lewis. Its been a long frustrating time I know. I cant get on the computer as often as I would like, I am restoring another one of my cars right now and had to finish the annual on the fifty one.. Normally it takes about a year to a year and a half to finish one of the cars (I have ten currently) I just had to update my medical, had to get cleared by an optomaligest this time, sucks to be 76! Got it done though, Wish I still had my T-6 at least it was more affordable to fly. I will keep trying to solve this computer thing though.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No worries, always here as you want/need. No need to rush the threads are open and ready as needed, good luck with the cars, sound awesome.

thanks,
Lewis

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

I tried to download and install the update. It downloaded but when the download was complete it opened in word pad and was a garbled array of uninteligable numbers and letters and no readable sentences. In the past all of these downloads when opened, opened as an installer that I clicked on and a box popped up that asked if I wanted to run the install ?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You will first need to "unzip" the contents of the downloaded file, before you can proceed the run the update utility.

It sounds like the file association may have been changed on your machine to use Wordpad instead of the correct utility. If you right click on the zip file, you should see a choice to unzip the file.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

Got that suggestion, worked and installed. My T-6 now works except for not having a right brake it is flyable ( I've had to land my real T6 without a brake on one side, not recomended and really raises the adreniline level! Pick a long runway and use only minor movements on the rudder as it slows! The P-51 seems to have no or very little right rudder or brake, cant do a take off. The P-40's gear retracts only about half way, wont retract or extend after pulling the gear handle with the assighment button on my flight controller or the mouse. One major improvment to the 51 and the P-40 is the engines now start and run normally.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Regarding the P-40, did you hand pump or use electric pump top of stick , after the gear lever was set to retract or extend , this could be the reason they did not fully extend or retract , the other reason for partial retract/extend of gear is excessive speed.
On the T6 was everything in the hangar fit to fly red means it needs replacing yellow keep an eye on it as its badly worn.
The P51 , was your trim correctly set for takeoff with respect to fuel tanks fitted and fuel load , and was you useing the recommended takeoff proceedure.
The P-51 due to engine torque is a beast on take off that needs to be tamed , read the manual for trim and takeoff methods , and lots of practice , do not raise or lower flaps and gear outside of recommend speeds else failure will occur on all A2A aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

Hi Alan I own a real P-51 so I kinda have to know the procedures. 7% trim for takeoff 35 " manifold then release brakes, 41" manifold for economy cruise. My first airplane ride was in an SNJ-4 bought half of it then learned to fly, took 40 hours. Next plane was a Harvard/At-6 then three Beech 18s and finally "Warhorse" my P-51. Aside from that thanks for taking the time to try and help with my problem. I will try your suggestion on the p-40 gear retract. I have been trying to get my A2A planes to work properly for a long time, I'm really happy to finally fly the T-6 I have to say everything about it except for feeling the actual g forces is right on, love it! Sure would be nice to have a right brake though. Oh well at least I finally got everything else right on it, have to keep working on it

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I would suggest checking the brake and rudder control axis mappings.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

zarp51
Airman

Post by zarp51 »

Had to reset the calibration settings for my pro pedals. Fixed it brakes work fine now for the T-6. As for the P-51 not! full right rudder and full right brake will not allow control throtle up it goes left even when I pull the throttle off, brakes dont work at all even though the indicator in the bottom left corner of the screen say they are on. Typical take off, Throttle up to 35 inches plane begins to move turns left hard, throttle off full brakes plane continues through buildings fences eventually does stop after a few miles. P-40 take off pull gear handle up either with assigned button or with mouse inside cockpit gear comes up half way and stops, wont go down. Do a roll gear drops back into gear wells until upright again then goes back to half way up. Open the emergency valve do about three rolls and a high g turn and the gear finally locks in the down position allowing a normal landing. After finally fixing the T-6 problems I will continue to try to fix these issues. Throughout all the A2A problems all my other payware addons continue to work normally. Tried to send a picture of my P-51 Warhorse No luck anyway I thank you for the help on my T6 at least it now works , must except for the g forces it does really act and feel like the real thing.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Glad you found and corrected the t-6 brake issue , shes a nice aircraft to fly.

Regarding the P-40 gear and flaps , selecting the gear or flaps levers to up or down , only selects a valve open , and unlocks the gear for moving , these levers do not extend or retract the gear/flaps by them selves , you need to use the NORMAL hand pump to pump them fully up or down , OR use the electric pump , the switch on top of the ail/ele control stick , you did not mention if you used these or not see scotts video.
https://youtu.be/LTL8KtJawTQ

The P-51 i know you have and fly a real p-51 in your earlier reply, but did you remember to push the hyd T handle in , before eng start , as your discription sounds like you had no hydraulics for the brakes , also regarding aircraft pulling to the left , without diff brakes the tail wheel cannot be steered and prop talk would pull you left.
regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”