Fuel press

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
hotshotmike1001
Airman First Class

Fuel press

Post by hotshotmike1001 »

i just got the V4 Version of the T-6 I am having a prob getting fuel press its Staying such low press i cant Lean the mixture at all

it stays on 5 no matter how many times i use the pump
Stratocruiser
Warhawk
Flying Fortress
Cub
Razorback
Spitfire
C172R Skyhawk
Cessna 182
P-51D Mustang
North American T-6 Texan
Aircraft Factory: F4U Corsair
Aircraft Factory: Avro Anson MKI

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Fuel press

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

A fuel pressure of around 4-5 PSI sounds about right. (Remember, this isn't fuel flow, it's showing fuel pressure in the carb.)

Please can you give us a bit more info about the circumstances under which you're trying to lean.

Thanks,
Nick

hotshotmike1001
Airman First Class

Post by hotshotmike1001 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello,

A fuel pressure of around 4-5 PSI sounds about right. (Remember, this isn't fuel flow, it's showing fuel pressure in the carb.)

Please can you give us a bit more info about the circumstances under which you're trying to lean.

Thanks,
Nick
just normal flying in mountains as you go up you lean it :-)

https://www.facebook.com/11267345308367 ... 842287077/
Stratocruiser
Warhawk
Flying Fortress
Cub
Razorback
Spitfire
C172R Skyhawk
Cessna 182
P-51D Mustang
North American T-6 Texan
Aircraft Factory: F4U Corsair
Aircraft Factory: Avro Anson MKI

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sorry Mike - still not sure I understand the issue here.

However, it's worth note that the default leaning behaviour is FSX/P3D is seriously flawed because it's necessary to lean the mixture at unrealistically low altitude. Fuel mixture leaning is simulated much more realistically within the Accu-Sim engine.

Thanks,
Nick

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Hotshotmike,

From what I saw, you were able to use the mixture control, just shortly after takeoff, which was why the engine was missing occasionally.

I also saw that a quick read of the manual (starting on page 71 if you want to forego the history and jump right into the procedures) might be helpful, as well. Priming, RPM management and power settings for various flight regimes are laid out there and can help make your flying more enjoyable.

But briefly, 4 or 5 strokes of the hand fuel pump is plenty to fill the lines, two or three strokes of priming is usually sufficient to start the engine and RPM is held back at 500-600 RPM until 40 PSI oil pressure is achieved, then RPM can be advanced fully forward and throttle adjusted to achieve 1200-1400 RPM for warmup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FlyingsCool
Airman First Class

Post by FlyingsCool »

Just a thought, he did say he was mountain flying. Certainly, if you're taking off from say Tuba City or Flagstaff (5 to 8,000 feet asl at ground level), you're leaning the engine before you even take off, MSFS bug or not.

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”