Stutter in looping

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: Stutter in looping

Post by gulredrel »

You can refer to this thread regarding entry speeds:
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 29&t=52803

Your entry speed was just about 170 mph, which is too slow. Dudley recommends 190 mph in his thread. You need to accellerate in a little dive, cause the T-6 will not reach the entry speed in level flight.

Also pay attention to the selected gauges. You can change the airspeed indicator to show knots or mph. This could lead to some misleading assumptions regarding the current airspeed.

Regards
Jens

edit: added some more details.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

Nico1506
Airman

Post by Nico1506 »

gulredrel wrote:You can refer to this thread regarding entry speeds:
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 29&t=52803

Your entry speed was just about 170 mph, which is too slow. Dudley recommends 190 mph in his thread. You need to accellerate in a little dive, cause the T-6 will not reach the entry speed in level flight.

Also pay attention to the selected gauges. You can change the airspeed indicator to show knots or mph. This could lead to some misleading assumptions regarding the current airspeed.

Regards
Jens

edit: added some more details.
It doesnt matter, I also have these same stutter with enogh speed..

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

I think I know what the OP means, and it seems a MSFS (since early versions) bug , that no matter how fast you pass the top of the loop, when transitioning to more than 90degrees pitch up the acft becomes a little “crazy”, sometimes it looks like a non-sense shake and it recovers when pointing nose down. It has nothing to do with stall.

Nico1506
Airman

Post by Nico1506 »

zazaboeing wrote:I think I know what the OP means, and it seems a MSFS (since early versions) bug , that no matter how fast you pass the top of the loop, when transitioning to more than 90degrees pitch up the acft becomes a little “crazy”, sometimes it looks like a non-sense shake and it recovers when pointing nose down. It has nothing to do with stall.
I think u understand what I mean :) its a bug and this bug wasnt there beferoe the latest T6 or P3D updates. I dont have this problems with other warbirds like the milviz crosair etc.

Nico1506
Airman

Post by Nico1506 »

Hm, seems like no developer want to help me with that :/

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the report and video Nico, now have it reproducible here and we can look into whats happening and get an update out once sorted.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nico1506
Airman

Post by Nico1506 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Thanks for the report and video Nico, now have it reproducible here and we can look into whats happening and get an update out once sorted.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Thank you.
Hope you find a solution.. overall the a2a planes are amazing ;)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Guys: I have duplicated the stutter at the top of the loop phenomenon in my T-6 (P3Dv4 version). I took off from Arlington Airport (KAWO) departed to the East and climbed to 5,000 feet. The weather was perfect. Engine was set at 30" MP and 2,000 rpm. I got the up to about 170 knots in a mild dive and then pulled about 4 G's for the loop. I noticed a set of slight pauses or stutters as she went from approximately 10 degrees before to 10 degrees after the top of the loop. Maybe we always had that in the T-6, I dunno. But she doesn't go smoothly through the loop right at the top.

How about if more folks go out and try it. Oh - wait. I see that Lewis had confirmed the existence of this phenomenon. Of course, it's possible that the REAL T-6 does this. Maybe Scott should take out the real A2A T-6 and see! :lol:

Seeya
ATB

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I will test this today and report back.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Well, two hours later the bug is found and fixed. This was an odd physics bug that was being activated in the air in P3D that should not have been. We'll get this fix out in the next update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

zazaboeing
Senior Airman

Post by zazaboeing »

Scott - A2A wrote:Well, two hours later the bug is found and fixed. This was an odd physics bug that was being activated in the air in P3D that should not have been. We'll get this fix out in the next update.

Scott.
Now THAT'S support! Thanks Scott!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

We've just released an update which fixes this physics bug for owners of the T-6. More information here.

Thanks,
Nick

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thanks, guys! I flew my Six from Cable (KCCB) to Catalina (KAVX). The Six now loops perfectly (well, perfection spoiled only by the efforts of the pilot), and the scenery around the newly purchased ORBX KAVX is splendid. It's on discount now, too!

Seeya
ATB

Nico1506
Airman

Post by Nico1506 »

Thanks so much, really cool support ! :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Nico - thanks for bringing the issue to our attention in the first place.

Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”