F1 GTN650 Radio Issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
embraceentropy
Airman Basic

F1 GTN650 Radio Issues

Post by embraceentropy »

I noticed this issue on the Bonanza & T6. The GTN650 appears to also be controlling the comm 2 radio. Also, when I tune and switch freqs on the BK it also changes in GTN650. I checked the GTN config tool and even set the #2 unit to control comm 1 to no avail.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: F1 GTN650 Radio Issues

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you let us know which version of the GTN 650 your're using (RXP or Flight1) and whether you're using these products in FSX or P3D?

Also, did you use the A2A Aircraft Configurator to add them to the virtual cockpit? This tool is available from the Windows Start Menu → 'A2A Simulations' group.

Thanks,
Nick

embraceentropy
Airman Basic

Post by embraceentropy »

Nick - A2A wrote: Please can you let us know which version of the GTN 650 your're using (RXP or Flight1) and whether you're using these products in FSX or P3D?

Also, did you use the A2A Aircraft Configurator to add them to the virtual cockpit?
I am using the Flight1 product in P3Dv4.3. I have it set up in the Aircraft Configurator. I changed the GTN to act as comm/nav 2 in the F1 GTN config tool and it appeared to fix the issue, except now the GTN is comm/nav 2. It as if the BK unit is not giving up the comm/nav 1 duties to the F1 GTN.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the added info. I think this may be a limitation of the GTN 650 integration in the T-6, with NAV/COMM1 being hard-coded to the Bendix King radio.

However, you shouldn't see the same behaviour in the Bonanza when the GTN 650 is installed along with the default NAV/COMM radio. If you have a problem with the GTN integration in the Bo, please can you start a new thread in the Bonanza tech support forum.

Regards,
Nick

embraceentropy
Airman Basic

Post by embraceentropy »

I cycled the option in the F1 config tool between comm 2 & comm 1 and it appears to be working properly in Bo, now, with comm 1 being the GTN and comm 2 being the BK.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update. Glad to hear the issue seems to be resolved for now.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”