Latest update causes FSX crash

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Moonflight
Airman

Latest update causes FSX crash

Post by Moonflight »

Hi

I recently bought the T6 to add to my A2A collection in FSX, but after installing it and running the latest updater (9 16 18) I find that none of my A2A planes will load. Attempting to do so causes FSX to crash.

PLEASE HELP!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Latest update causes FSX crash

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

can you please let us know more about your issue and your system so we can better help you. For example which products you own, what OS and hardware you are running and also which version of FSX you are using.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Moonflight
Airman

Post by Moonflight »

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the welcome, though we have corresponded before....you helped solve a previous updater issue I had.

I run boxed FSX updated to SP2, in Windows XP. I have the 172, the Cherokee, the Comanche, and the Spit...all running perfectly before this problem. I have an i5 3570 and a GTX 660, with 8 gb of RAM.

Hope that helps.....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Moonflight,

To be honest, you might find it's increasingly difficult to use a Windows XP machine for new A2A products and updates. Microsoft discontinued mainstream support for this operating system nearly 10 years ago and only a tiny proportion of FSX users will still be running it.

Your processor is actually newer than your version of Windows. Was your PC originally supplied with Windows 7 or 8, or was it a self build?

Anyway, I'll check to see if an older version of the Accu-Sim update is available.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to add to my previous reply Moonflight, please could you try this older version of the update and see if the situation is resolved.

http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _12_17.zip

Thanks,
Nick

Moonflight
Airman

Post by Moonflight »

Thanks for your reply Nik.

My machine is a self build, and gradually upgraded bit by bit.....excepting, as you point out, the operating system. But from what I've seen on comparable systems, a 64 bit operating system wouldn't do much for FSX. I've always thought that as long as A2A kept producing planes compatible with Windows XP I'd stick with it.

Moonflight
Airman

Post by Moonflight »

Our posts crossed! I'll try your update...

Moonflight
Airman

Post by Moonflight »

No luck I'm afraid Nik. Though FSX does seem to get a little further into loading the plane, and now produces a little window with a red cross and the words "can't load file" before crashing.

I bought my last A2A plane in January of this year and ran the then current updater with no ill effects. I don't know what number it was...I no longer have it. But if you think it's worth a try and can send me a link I'll give that one a go.

Would that bring me more or less up to date with the Texan?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for trying Moonflight. That update was published on the 12 October last year, so it would have been the one you downloaded back in January.

I'm afraid that troubleshooting options are rather limited without a Windows XP installation for us to test on. However, you could try this:
  1. Uninstall the T-6.
  2. Manually delete these two files:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\A2A_Accusim.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\T6\Update_fsx\client.wyc
  3. Reinstall. (And at this point check if you can load the aircraft in FSX.)
  4. Run the 10_12_17 update I linked above.
Thanks,
Nick

Moonflight
Airman

Post by Moonflight »

Hi Nick,

I found the updater I used in January on a memory stick. Although it has the same name/date as the one you sent me - 10 12 17 - in fact it is a different, earlier one. If you unzip the one you sent and check under properties the date created, it is 8th September 2018. The one I have was created 12th October 2017, and is a different file size.
Anyway I ran it and the problem is solved...all the A2A planes load including the Texan.

I really appreciate your help on this. I'll bear in mind what you say about my operating system....and perhaps A2A might consider changing their stated Minimum Requirements to avoid future customers getting into this muddle.

Kind Regards

PM

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, good to hear you're back in business and thanks for the update. :) Apologies for the confusion regarding the link I posted above. I believe the installer was indeed modified without changing its filename for internal versioning reasons.

We'll bear in mind your point about the minimum system requirements too. Anyway, if you can get hold of a copy of either Windows 7 or Windows 10, you'll probably benefit in terms of performance. It's not simply a matter of 32-bit versus 64-bit, but also being able to benefit from updates, security patches, and to have a better chance of finding compatible hardware drivers.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”