No rsindrops for me :(

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Nico1506
Airman

No rsindrops for me :(

Post by Nico1506 »

After updating with the updater I dont get the raindrops. Also reinstalled the plane, no success. What can I do?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No rsindrops for me :(

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Nico1506,

Please can you let us know which aircraft you're using so I can move this topic across to the relevant tech support forum.

Also, please can you let us know if you have ActiveSky for Prepar3D v4 installed, and if so if you're using its weather or the default P3D weather engine?

Thanks,
Nick

Nico1506
Airman

Post by Nico1506 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Nico1506,

Please can you let us know which aircraft you're using so I can move this topic across to the relevant tech support forum.

Also, please can you let us know if you have ActiveSky for Prepar3D v4 installed, and if so if you're using its weather or the default P3D weather engine?

Thanks,
Nick
Iam using the T6.
Yes I use Active Sky but I closed it and used the rainy P3D default weather to see the effect. But there is no effect with the default weather.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks.

Yes, that's the way the system works to support both default and ASP4 weather. Basically, if ASP4 is active on your system, you must use its weather engine to see the rain effects as they 'override' the default P3D rain.

Nick

Lufthansa 380
Staff Sergeant

Post by Lufthansa 380 »

Pretty sure there is a box you should tick in the P3D settings to enable windschield effects. Check if this is the case.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Lufthansa 380 wrote:Pretty sure there is a box you should tick in the P3D settings to enable windschield effects. Check if this is the case.
Thanks, but it's worth clarifying that the A2A dynamic rain effects are coded separately to the default P3Dv4 windshield rain. As such, they'll show even if the 'Windshield Effects' checkbox on the P3D weather options page is left unticked. :)

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”