T-6 after latest update behaviour - Solved

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

T-6 after latest update behaviour - Solved

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello Scott and team,

I cannot tell, if the latest update had caused this, but here are few things I'd noticed in the T-6. (I am using FSX with Acceleration as sim platform)

- Tailwheel free castering looks as if reversed. When I apply stick backwards it should be tight, where now it is more lose and rotates easily. When I apply, forward stick the tailwheel feels more tight and firm. I will test again after several loads, might be a glitch.

- When carb heat is applied there is no RPM drop, carb heat is only detected in the thermometer gauge.

I will continue to test and let you know, if I detect more differences or changes in these on the above.

P.S. After the update oil pressure drop is more noticeable when prop cycling, compared to what it was before. :)

--
Vladi
Last edited by LZ-WIL on 21 Feb 2019, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: T-6 after latest update behaviour

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Just loaded another flight in T-6, same thing tailwheel free castering seems not to be affected by the stick position that much. Before, when I pushed the stick forward, in the cockpit there was a sensation that the aircraft wants to prone. Now, there is no sensation or visible change from cabin perspective when the stick is full aft or forward. I have tested both in still position and during taxi.
Carb heat reacts the same as in my original post - no RPM drop (might be the big radial engine and the drop is negligible) only indication at the dash is the thermometer gauge.

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Vladi,

Thanks for the posts. We'll look into the issues you describe as soon as is practical. It's about time I got reacquainted with the T-6 too.

Cheers,
Nick

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Nick,

It turns out that Nvidia overlay is not taking big toll on my FSX frame rates and I actually can make videos :)
Here I recorded this test video to try to demonstrate what I had in mind in my post with the T-6:

Excuse the audio quality, still experimenting with the sound levels of the camera mike :mrgreen:

--
Vladi

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: T-6 after latest update behaviour - Solved

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello Nick,

I have noticed today after a quick flight in the T-6 that the listed above differences I have pointed in my post and in the video are no longer present.
I apologize for the false alarm, it must have been a faulty load on my end, but I have tried it several times and have no explanation. The T-6 ground movement and feel might be subjective, but I still retain my statement that the aircraft felt more agile.
The carb heat lowers the RPM even very slightly, but it is noticeable. In few words to wrap it up, there were no issues what so ever to be noticed in T-6 under FSX.

--
Vladi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: T-6 after latest update behaviour - Solved

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's very good to hear Vladi. Thanks for posting the update. :)

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “T-6 "Texan" Tech Support”