Aviodrome KLM, N749NL aka PH-FLE "Flevoland" in progress

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
mgr
Staff Sergeant

Aviodrome KLM, N749NL aka PH-FLE "Flevoland" in progress

Post by mgr »

Currently grounded and on display at the Aviodrome Aviation Park in the Netherlands.

She is registered as N749NL, yet named "Flevoland" and also was intended to wear a pseudo registration PH-FLE.

Detailed history of the aircraft :arrow: http://www.conniesurvivors.com/N749NL.htm

Note this/was not a easy copy and past of my other KLM repaints :shock: , 90% had to be redone, due to the fact that they did a not 100% historical accurate scheme on this bird. :roll: :mrgreen:

Regards,

Marcel

ApacheHunter
Airman

Re: Aviodrome KLM, N749NL aka PH-FLE "Flevoland" in progress

Post by ApacheHunter »

This is very nice! Especially since I work in the museum right next to this beautiful bird! Can you point out the differences to your other KLM paints? Just being curious, that's all! :wink: :wink:

Madfred
Airman

Post by Madfred »

I will be looking forward to this one Marcel.

Seen it many times from the day it arrived at the Museum.
I was even there when the first engine got a test run and some visitor did not take the advise to stay away from the back side of the engine, :roll: so you can imagine what happened to him.

I am sure he ended up spending more that 15 minutes in the shower. :lol:

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,
ApacheHunter wrote:This is very nice! Especially since I work in the museum right next to this beautiful bird! Can you point out the differences to your other KLM paints? Just being curious, that's all! :wink: :wink:
Note, i'm a detail freak so please do not take offence:
- Flying Dutchman logo is not accurate/different;
- Flying Dutchman logo is not at the right spot, too much aft, should be strait after the door;
- Lockheed constellation logo is not accurate/different;
- Red/white/blue proptips is from the USAF bird, nothing to do with holland or KLM;
- Cheatline below the windows is not accurate, mainly the aft part, real-life it's curved underside to tail, to strait angle;
- Text "The Flying Dutchman" and "De Vliegend Hollander" and the cheatline above the windows is positioned way to much aft;
- White emergency exit edge was not excising on the real birds;
- Font of the reggi-letters at the back is different, should be the same as the "FLEVOLAND" font.

Main rework was in the cheatlines below and above the windows. Still working on the nosepart to get it as close as possible to the N749NL.

Picture of a real Whitetop, note there are two different versions of the whitetop.

Regards,

Marcel

ApacheHunter
Airman

Post by ApacheHunter »

mgr wrote:Note, i'm a detail freak so please do not take offence:
I'm not easily offended and I think details are what makes things come to life, so don't worry! Thanks for the information; I only knew about the proptips... :|

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Looking forward to it!

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Hello Marcel,

did you/will you finish this beauty?

I already loved the "Amsterdam" repaint with the white top but the "Flevoland" would be my absolute favourite with the chrome spinners and the painted propeller tips.

Any chance to get this one? If not, could you alter the "Amsterdam" to the chrome spinners and the painted propeller tipps for me? I have no clue with the repaint jobs. :?

Thanks in advance and keep up your outstanding work,
Zacke

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”