Ground AI keeps killing me

The "Queen of the Skies"
new reply
crashxpert
Airman

Ground AI keeps killing me

Post by crashxpert »

Being trying to wok on my Connie career after a couple month break to play with the Bonanza. The last three flights, take off and flight were fine except my last flight i got a warning of a sick passenger about 18 minutes from landing but after moment she told me the doc said they were going to be fine. Made good landings and was heading back toward the gate...last flight got back to the gate shut engines down and was unloading when a truck ran into the plane and got the crash- object collision message. Other two flights were similar. Anyone else have weird issues with the default ground AI in PD3 before? I know i can just turn it off but not having any vehicles kind of kills the immersion.
Also forgot to say after reloading the plane my career log was not hurt in any way due to a crash.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Ground AI keeps killing me

Post by CAPFlyer »

I have all crash detection off. Have since I started simming years ago. There are too many BS variables out there - scenery designer forgot to exclude a building, or sim didn't apply mask right so I run into an invisible wall; flying on MP / VATSIM and another guy signs on at the same gate I'm at or is using a different sim and he shows clear of me, but I see him on top of me; last second "loading" of scenery or MP aircraft causes the sim to suddenly think that I landed at -2500FPM instead of -25FPM when it starts running again to "catch up" and promptly registers a crash; etc.

So, just turn it off and you'll be much happier with yourself.

crashxpert
Airman

Re: Ground AI keeps killing me

Post by crashxpert »

Sounds prefect. I'll give it a try. Will Accusim still register a crash or just run stuff red in the hangar?

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”