seemingly can't figure out the default Autopilot for the 049
all I can do on there is put altitude
then it goes into a bank

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: 049 Autopilot

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
When you say default l049 auto pilot , do you mean the sperry or the MS default auto pilot.
regards alan. 8)

Pilot Lodkins
Airman

Post by Pilot Lodkins »

the default autopilot the other one then the Sperry

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It sounds like you are new to the connie , its not an easy aircraft to learn , but well worth reading the manual , and its been a while since i did some basic training videos on twitch , that may or may not help you.
I have not flown the connie in a while , but the sperry is basic , you need to engage after the aircraft has been trimed for straight and level flight, also you have 3 trim pots for the sense , I.E. speed of response of autopilot left of sperry compass.
Also on the sperry you have a compass , the top half is controlled by the rud control pot top rh of compass , the heading knob is center below the compass and controls the bottom half of compass , these two MUST match the heading you are on proir to autopilot engagement , even when they match the aircraft will turn left and right till its happy its caught the selected heading , but the turns are slight , also the sperry has 3 engagement levers , one for each of the controls.
If you wish to turn to a new heading , its better to disengage during the turn , reset your haeding then re engage , if you do long slow turns then you can leave it engaged , but only do small course changes , else the altitude will go up or down from selected.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 33&t=58003

regards alan. 8)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Watch this video by SIM CFI. https://youtu.be/Qenyu16K82A

Pilot Lodkins
Airman

Post by Pilot Lodkins »

ok, I think I figured it out

Z is activation
Ctrl + Z is Altuide hold
Ctrl + V is Wing Leveler

it's flying flat and smooth now :)

maybe..

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Pilot lodkins.
No you have not got it figured out , the keys you are operating is for the basic microsoft autopilot default keys , if you wish to use the sperry , it has got to be used in the VC has the sperry is coded outside of the sim , if you wish to use the default microsoft autopilot then open shift+3 , you can then chose sperry or default autopilot from here , the default autopilot is a 2d popup then you can use the buttons on that , i prefer the sperry , because thats what was fitted in this old girl.
YOU need to watch the video links posted by me and Paughco , and READ THE MANUAL , then you will be able to better understand this great aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Alan

In the second he says he wants to use the default, the other than than the sperry :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tomas.
I gave him that info as to how to get the Default 2d autopilot pop up , as well as the sperry.
By the way tomas i hope you had a merry xmas , not seen you on the 91st for a while , hope you have not forgotten how to fly the B17 , ha ha.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”