Engines 1 and 2 won't shut down with mixture

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tango4
Airman

Engines 1 and 2 won't shut down with mixture

Post by tango4 »

Hi guys,

I have a strange issue with my Constellation (running on P3D V4.2 for info).

I am completely unable to shut down engines one and two using the mixture cut off position. Initially I had mixture assigned through FSUIPC to a lever but already tried removing any mixture assignment.

Basically, if I have all four engines running and go to the FE station, and move all mixture levers (one by one) to cut off position. Engines 1 and 2 will never die (it is as if I did nothing), while engines 3 and 4 will shut down as expected.

I already tried uninstalling and re installing the connie.
I own every A2A product on P3D and never encountered anything akin to that. Please do note that I am a beginner with this aircraft so please accept my apologies if I missed something obvious.

Best regards.

Edit: the only way I found to shut them down is to cut ignition.
Charles MOULIN

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Re: Engines 1 and 2 won't shut down with mixture

Post by CAPFlyer »

You have an axis assigned to mixture #1 and #2 through FS default that is overriding the inputs and not allowing the fuel to be completely shutoff. If you go into the "Controls" window and the "Axis" tab, check each control source and make sure that you don't have it assigned in there.

tango4
Airman

Post by tango4 »

Hi CAPFlyer and thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I don't have any axis mapped to mixture in P3D controls on any of my controllers (I double checked after reading your answer)

Now I think I am onto something with FSUIPC. I deleted all my control assignments from the fsuipc.ini file but to no avail.
I tried lots of settings...to no avail.
BUT....I noticed something strange and that I can reproduce.

Let's say I have all four engines running. At any time, if I put mixture for engines 3 or 4 to cut off, they die normally.
Now, if I put mixture for engine 1 or 2 to cutoff, as mentioned in my first post, nothing happens...unless I open FUIPC menu and hit OK !! And at that point, if mixture one or two is on cutoff, the corresponding engine will shut down !

This is driving me nuts !

Running FSUIPC 5.124
Charles MOULIN

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Have you got all your aircraft going through the FSUIPC , it might be worth moving the FSUIPC.ini out of the sim in a temp folder to see if the engines shut down correctly , as the FSUIPC.ini may be corrupt.
Also you mentioned you deleted the connie and did a reinstall, did you delete everything to do with the connie and once reinstalled , did you run the updater.
regards alan. 8)

tango4
Airman

Post by tango4 »

Thanks for your ideas, Alan.
Isolating fsuipc.ini is a good suggestion. I'll try that and report back.
And when I uninstalled, no I just uninstalled through control panel and re installed. I ran the latest update but there was no update for the Connie in p3dv4 (which is quite recent).

Many thanks for your help.
Charles MOULIN

tango4
Airman

Post by tango4 »

Well, removing and re building fsuipc.ini did the trick !!
Many thanks for your assistance. Having a fresh eye on a problem is always good as I felt totally stuck on that one.
Now, I'll have to rebuild my profiles, but I think I can build better ones ! I was too lazy to get into it...here is the occasion :D
Charles MOULIN

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

I rebuild my FSUIPC profiles about every 6 months because stuff tends to get corrupted or my joystick assignments get changed. Makes my life easier though.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”