Only engine 1 gets flooded ?? SOLVED

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
lknfly
Airman

Only engine 1 gets flooded ?? SOLVED

Post by lknfly »

Hi guys,

I did a post 2/3 hours ago but I still don't see it. (maybe because it's my first one and it needs to be checked by an administrator)

I have a weird issue captains!
I start the engine 3 and 4 and 2 without any problem based on the right checklist but only the engine 1 gets flooded... Always! I tried many many tries! :?
After spending more than 6 hours I didn't find a way to start the engine 1 by using the checklist that normally works for the other engines...

Just bought yesterday the L049 for P3D V4 but still can't fly her, very frustrating by the way so much she looks gorgeous! :cry:

So that, I deleted log.dat files, I deleted the other A2A airplanes (L-49 included) I reinstalled her, I reinstalled FSUIPC, I also checked if there was an issue with my axis assignements (mixture, etc) I reinstalled the L-49 but nothing has changed still cannot start the engine 1 (flooded) while other engine 3,4,2 work perfectly by just applying the checklist correctly as it was done. I tried the "Autostart" but it didn't work which is not the goal actually.

(I run everything as an administrator) :wink:

Any help will be fully appreciated, tks! :)

lknfly
Last edited by lknfly on 12 Sep 2018, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Only engine 1 gets flooded ??

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi iknfly.
First of all dont uninstall/reinstall when you have an issue,as it can make things worse,and also prevents anyone helping you get to the bottom of the issue.
You say you purchased yesterday , so it could still be something you are not doing correctly , also the correct proceedure after downloading your purchase , is install the aircraft , and then update the aircraft , then fly.
This aircraft is a study level aircraft and needs to be treated as if it was a real aircraft , you failed to give all the details of the problem , like was you useing real weather like active sky , which airport , what was the outside temp , which way was the wind blowing, if the wind was comeing from left to right , then engine one would be more exposed to cooler temps , makeing it harder to start , i have last winter gone to aspen airport , in freezeing temps , did oil dilution , prior to shut down , set up my next flight , and it took me on average about 7 attempts to start each engine due to the extream cold temps.
If you flood an engine , then dry run it , ie turn it minus the fuel , then try again to start it.
regards alan. 8)

lknfly
Airman

Re: Only engine 1 gets flooded ??

Post by lknfly »

I just read your reply, tks for having took your time for.

As I mentionned I did start the engines correctly by applying the right checklist which was causing any issue no matter the Active sky weather conditions (even if it greatly affects the way of starting the engines you're definitly right) but I strongly guess that it's not about weather conditions here buddy.

Only the engine 1 gets flooded, no matter the wind, cold or hot weather, no matter the airport she is. I tried in different locations in the world.

I don't think the wind has something to do with a flooded engine especially if it happens all times in any weather conditions by applying the same checklist and procedures to start correctly first the engine 3 and 4 and 2, I guess that if it was about weather conditions then it would affect all engines.

An other thing is when I wait a little bit then the flooded engine gets dry ("excellent") which is normal but the issue is still there after trying to start again and again and again!

Mixture cut off, pumps on, etc, Inertia, prime, engage, magnetos, ..., mixture full rich etc well I don't give all the details of the checklist here but as i insisted it works fine for the 3,4,2 engine

For no apparent reason the engine 1 automatically gets flooded, the INERTIA button remains on "ON" same for the ENGAGE button on "ON" where it supposed to get back automatically in neutral postion once the engine starts running...

I don't know :( I have no idea, :? I saw some people having this issue, some deleted log.date file, an other was because of dll, an other captain was because he changed the language of his computer or something ... I know it sounds weird but that is what I read on the forum.

I wish it was my mistake because of missing stuff in doing procedures but I don't see that so far after hours and hours of trying...

So that she is in the hangar and I never fly her! :cry:

lknfly
Airman

Re: Only engine 1 gets flooded ?? SOLVED

Post by lknfly »

:D Hi Alan,

It was due to a goflight assignment that caused this issue!

Everything is ok now! FINALLY!

Enjoy your flight! :wink:

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Glad to hear you have it sorted , enjoy the conni , i fly her on vatsim with canadian xpress , now fly over land , with plenty of airports , as the engines are a bit worn , so i am ready to divert if one fails in flight.
regards alan. 8)

lknfly
Airman

Post by lknfly »

Definitely Alan!

I enjoyed the Connie all night long... I flew till 6am! She's gorgeous, amazing, in live!

I only have A2A addons airplanes by the way but the Connie is the Connie!

I'm still learning some stuff on the machine today before getting some jobs "Airline Pilot For Hire" in FSeconomy tonight ... the first one will be EGMH/LFBX 370 mn, 43 PAX $4,813.00 :!:

Enjoy your legs!

Have a safe flight Captain! :wink:

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”