Low fps only with the connie

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Low fps only with the connie

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

So for some reason i get low fps in the connie but not in other a2a aircraft and as i didn't realise the challenge of moving from warbirds to airliners i would like a refund
AKA "Memey"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Low fps only with the connie

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please let us know your system specs and which platform you are using, as the fps should be similar to the warbirds.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

can you please let us know your system specs and which platform you are using, as the fps should be similar to the warbirds.

thanks,
Lewis
I'm using p3d v4.3
Processor-Intel Core
Memory-DDR4 8gb
GPU-GTX 970 4gb
Storage-HDD 1TB

Edit-I think it was because i turned airport vehicles on i seem to be getting better frames but i will do some more testing later
AKA "Memey"

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

HE11DUDE04 wrote:
Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

thanks,
Lewis
I'm using p3d v4.3
Processor-Intel Core
Memory-DDR4 8gb
GPU-GTX 970 4gb
Storage-HDD 1TB

Edit-I think it was because i turned airport vehicles on i seem to be getting better frames but i will do some more testing later
Edit 2- It still lags even in the Arizona desert
AKA "Memey"

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

HE11DUDE04,

Unless you can give us some quantitative info to go on, it's hard to make suggestions.

For example, what FPS are you actually seeing, both in the L-049 and in other add-ons? Is this with default or add-on scenery? And during what phases of flight are you seeing lower-than-expected FPS?

You also don't mention your processor model and clock speed which are both relevant.

Thanks,
Nick

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

sorry i completely missed the cpu thingy :oops: I5-6400 also i am seeing about 20-25 fps (maybe lower as i didn't check it on takeoff which was when it got very bad and the warbirds are around 25-30 fps
AKA "Memey"

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the added info. That doesn't really seem to be a huge performance difference given your opening post. I recommend you do a bit testing and try to optimise performance a bit in P3Dv4 generally, even if this means backing off a few of the sliders.

As Lewis says, performance of the warbirds and the Connie should be broadly comparable. Here are a couple of example cockpit screenshot from my own installation which demonstrate this.

P-51 Civilian | L-049 Constellation

These pics were taken on an i7-2600k @ 4.53 GHz / GTX 970 / 8 GB RAM / Win 7 PC, so not exactly the latest and greatest hardware either. :)

Thanks,
Nick

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

So i loaded it up at Edwards AFB with clear weather and it was at like 40-50 fps but with lag spikes going down to 16 fps and usually my sim doesn't spike at all. I will turn some sliders down and give it a try at some point in the week
AKA "Memey"

DomP
Airman Basic

Post by DomP »

HE11DUDE04 wrote:So i loaded it up at Edwards AFB with clear weather and it was at like 40-50 fps but with lag spikes going down to 16 fps and usually my sim doesn't spike at all. I will turn some sliders down and give it a try at some point in the week
I have exactly the same issue as you, I hope we can get an answer on this ? Its really odd how its just the connie :( which is probably 1 of my favourite A2A planes

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”