Small pauses Predar3d V4.1

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Small pauses Predar3d V4.1

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

moving the aircraft manually will instantly break it, but uninstalling and then reinstalling to the root would be a good test for you. If that works then we know essentially that something on your system isn't letting the aircraft files run as fast as the folder the core platform is in.

In one of the P3Dv4 stutter threads either here or on the Lockheed forums ive seen it mentioned that things like CPU-Z and other totally none fs releated software have been the cause, should you use this.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Okay I've un-installed and Re installed to the root P3D folder but I still get the stutters. I have other addons that are not installed in the root folder and they seem to work fine.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Reading through this thread (and the other one) I wonder if the pauses are caused by a system-specific audio issue?

It seems to me that moving the "WOS_L049" folder as described has the effect that it disables the Accu-Sim sound effects (and perhaps the entire Accu-Sim simulation).

Andayle - I wonder if you could test this by installing the Connie with its folders and files outside of the P3D directory structure as recommended, then manually renaming the "Sounds.pk" file to something like "Sounds.pk.OFF" to disable it. The file in question is found in "My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\L049".

This should show if it's specifically the Accu-Sim sound effects which are causing the performance issue.

Thanks,
Nick

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Hi Nick,

Good idea, I shall give that a shot right now.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - interested to hear the result.

Nick

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Ok, I did as you asked and it does indeed stop the pauses, so now it looks like a sound issue. I'm using onboard sound realtek HD. Doesn't appear to be a newer driver for it though.

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Actually forget that, the pauses are still there but seem less frequent.

So does this mean that moving the L049 folder into aircraft in the P3d folder disables acusim?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hmm, that seems a bit inconclusive. Afraid I'm not sure exactly which aspects of the simulation will be disabled by moving the folder as described.

However, have you tried switching career and/or damage off via the shift 3 menu to see if that makes any difference?

Cheers,
Nick

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the help but unfortunately, turing career and damage off doesn't seem to help, the only thing that fixes the pauses so far is breaking the aircraft by moving the folder, very odd. I'm all out of ideas.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Could you try a similar experiment with the Accu-Sim module itself Andayle? To do so, temporarily rename "A2A_Accusim.dll" to "A2A_Accusim.dll.OLD" and see what if any effect it produces? The file is in "My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges".

Thanks,
Nick

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Ok Ill try that now

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Unfortunately that didn't help either

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for testing anyway. One other thing you could do is start off as you described before, moving just the "WoS_L049" folder into the main P3D simobjects directory (and confirm that the pauses are once again eliminated) then, one-by-one, move each of the other folders across. However, each time you move a folder, restart P3D and test the performance. For instance, moving the "A2A\L049" folder across into the main P3D directory should resolve the "attempt to call a nil value stack traceback" message and restore the sounds, but I suspect that it will also reintroduce the stuttering.

Thanks,
Nick

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Hi Nick,

I tried like you said, I can confirm the pausing stops when only moving the WoS_L049 folder to simobjects in P3D, however, I then moved over the L049 folder from A2A into the root P3D folder and still got the traceback error and had no sound of switches or the FE.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks. How about if you move the "gauges" folder across too?

Nick

P.S. Just to clarify: the "L049" folder would need to be in a "A2A" folder in the P3D root.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”