Small pauses Predar3d V4.1

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Andayle
Airman

Small pauses Predar3d V4.1

Post by Andayle »

Hi all,

I've owned the Connie for FSX for a long time but recently made the jump to Prepar3d V4.1 and one of the first planes I've purchased is the Connie again. However, I'm having an issue with pausing randomly every minute or so. It seems worse when the connies engines are running, the needles on the pressure etc pause then jump up and back down again in time with the pause in the sim. I don't get this with any other aircraft, I also own the PMDG 737 ad the DC6 both of these run fine. PC is pretty powerful I7 4.5 16 gig ram and a Nvidia 1070 graphics card, Prepar4d is installed on its own SSD. Only add-ons I'm currently using are the Connie, the PMDG 737 and the DC6, and active sky for weather but I've tried running with no weather and get the same results. FPS sits happily around the 40 mark.

I've searched the forums and didn't find much, there is a post from FSX which seemed to relate to high disc activity but I don;t think that's my issue as I don't have it with the more demanding aircraft and like I say its all on an SSD.

Any Ideas?

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Re: Small pauses Predar3d V4.1

Post by bobsk8 »

Have you run the latest A2A update yet?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

The one at the top of the forum? if so yes it's the first thing I tried before posting here.

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Is there anywhere else I can get support for this issue? I've still not had this solved. i've not been able to fly the Connie since purchasing it a few weeks ago :(

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Ignore me. I went off at a tangent. :roll:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what is your FPS limiter set too and have you tried turning it lower to around 30?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Hi Lewis,

My FPS is set to unlimited, I will try setting it to 30 and see what happens, Thank you.

Edit: Okay I just tried with my FPS limit set to 30 but the problem persists. It only seems to happen once the aircraft is powered up. When sitting on the tarmac powered off and no FE running it seems fine. It also seems that it's the whole sim that pauses, even the camera won't pan for a second whilst it pauses but then is fine when it comes back. Just finding it really odd this is the only aircraft it does it with.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

How are your particle effects set have you tried lowering your settings?

Also have you tried a reinstall, with no real reports of this its hard to pin down what might be happening on your system. I would check everything though, so a reinstall would be recommended in this case. Checking you are running the sim as admin, checking no anti-virus or anti-malware isnt causing issues by making an exceptions needed etc.

thanks,
Lewis

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

I shall try the re-install tonight and let you know how it goes. Thank you for the assistance.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Check that anti-virual software too

thanks,
Lewis

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Hi Lewis,

Sorry for the slow reply, Re-installing has not helped. I've double checked my anti-virus and both the P3d folder is excluded as well as the addons folder I use on the same drive.

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Just like to add that I have now tried this with all add-ons like weather and Camera add-ons disabled. I've also run this with graphics settings turned down. Such a shame as I love flying this aircraft but the pauses make it hard to fly. She has been grounded for weeks now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you try different FPS limiting, its strange that this isn't something lots of people are reporting, which tends to point towards it being a simple fix normally, some conflict somewhere on your particular system. For sure try different FPS limit settings to test.

And on a wider note check the P3Dv4 stutters some where having here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=61851

thanks,
Lewis

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Hi Lewis,

I've tried various FPS limiter settings and still get the pauses. Is there a way to log events in P3d? Maybe it could be found that way? I do agree that it's probably something simple as it's not a commonly reported problem.

I've also read through the link you provided but my pauses even happen on the ground with no engines running, so it doesn't seem to be related to the aircraft moving.

Andayle
Airman

Post by Andayle »

Hi Lewis,

I've just read through http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 34&t=61983

Thre last post mentioned moving the WOS_L049 folder from where its installed into the Simobjects/airplanes folder. I've tried this and all my stutters are gone. however I get the same error when loading the aircraft as the user in the other thread gets, also I have no FE sounds or switches sounds etc. I have no idea how to fix this but at least we are getting somewhere hehe.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”