Total cabin heater failure

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jbirdsal
Airman

Total cabin heater failure

Post by jbirdsal »

Gentlemen:

The following has now happened twice:

At altitude presented with total cabin heat failure. Made aggressive — although not emergency — descent for warmer air. Diverted to nearest field. Cabin cooled to - and remained at - freezing for a protracted period of time.

The first time was over Maine in the winter. Approx 25 mins from start of issue to touchdown, but ground temps were well into the negatives.

Second time was crossing N51*30’ W035* on a crossing, springtime, divert to Lajes (Gander, Greenland and Kef would’ve been too cold). 4.5 hr enroute in cold, though not freezing conditions (10-15*c) to get to Lajes.

In both cases I was docked by management for “contributing” to passenger complaints about freezing temperatures. In no case was there anything to be done about it.

The systems implications notwithstanding (dual failure of independent gasoline heaters with seperate ducting is incredibly unlikely; to have this happen twice is effectively impossible), this is the one case that I can think of where the pilot cannot affect the outcome — cooling failure I can climb; pressurization, descend; engine failure, comply with checklist and so on. Is there any way to selectively eliminate or nerf this specific failure?

Cheers,

Jason

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Total cabin heater failure

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jason,

we have indeed included certain things that just like in life, you can do all the right things and still lose (Reminds me of Capt Picard explaining this to Data hehe) and some are extremely rare, but with so many flying and so many thousands of hours unfortunately some customers will experience more than others. .

Try deleting the .dat file so a new aircraft is generated for you. Let us know if you need help with this.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”