Sudden Crash. What's up?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Sudden Crash. What's up?

Post by FAC257 »

No problem. I've been watching this thread to see how you were making out with the issue, but with no answers for you.

I didn't need much of an excuse to fly the L049 in South America. It's where she spends most her time. :)

Forest
FAC257

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Well, so here we are. Problem located but not solved. If I disable FTX OpenLC South America I can fly the route. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling this package as well as Orbx Libraries.

I don't think I will pursue this issue at this time. I have broke the bank over the last week ordering parts for a complete new build. My case arrived yesterday with the rest of the parts in transit. It will take me at least a month to complete the build as I am doing a WWII theme build with dual custom water loops, custom painting, etc.

My hope is that with everything fresh the problem will be a thing of the past. For now it is a simple matter of disabling OpenLC SA and fly at will.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Roger,

Clearly South America was a perilous continent to fly over in the early years of commercial aviation, but this seems to be doubly so with the Orbx scenery! I guess that unless Obrx are able to address the issue, you could always disable crash detection if you choose to fly in this area.

Suspect Terrain Encountered - Need to Disable Environment Crash! :wink:

Anyway, best of luck with getting the new system up and running. Sounds like it'll be unique, so I hope you'll share some pics with us when it's completed. :)

Cheers,
Nick

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

That's a fascinating story Nick. Aviation certainly has had it's share of mysteries and speculations.

Point of interest here. I was not familiar with the Lancastrian Airliner but I do have a little history with the Lancaster Bomber. As the story goes, during The War there was a flight of Canadian Lancaster's headed to San Diego for marshaling before heading to the war. They were having some mechanical problems so they called for spare parts. These spare parts were loaded onto another single Lancaster which headed south along the Pacific Coast. As they neared Southern Oregon the weather deteriorated into a typical Sou'western storm. They were blown off coarse at a low altitude and crashed into Iron Mountain about 15 miles south of me. The military punched a road into the site to retrieve what they could. I spent many trips over the Iron Mountain trail looking for the site. A friend of mine, who was a youngster at the time of the crash, remembers going to the site with his parents and finding a watch in the debris. He would try to explain where the site was with each failed attempt of mine to find it. One day, however, as I was looking again I saw an old metal "fence post" with 5-6 inch dowels coming off of it in all directions and the full length of it laying along the road. The gentleman in the other vehicle wanted to stop and investigate so we did and found the site. I now know that the "fence post" was part of the Lancaster. The site was littered with tiny hydraulic lines, fuses, electrical items, and some larger pieces that were clearly part of the structure. The fascinating thing about the site is that even after 50+- years the ground was still sterile with a patch of ground 30 foot around with nothing growing in it. We also found a planetary gear reduction that I assume is from one of the engines.

My friend Bud who found the watch spent many years researching the crew of the plane. Eventually, many years later, he did find the son of the pilot that belonged to the watch. He contacted him and invited him to Oregon. They went to the crash site and Bud gave the man his dads watch.

I think this is a great story and worth sharing. I have posted it here before but these stories need to be repeated lest we forget those who gave so much.

I will post some pictures of my build once finished. I may have great ideas in my head but putting them into place on the build might be more challenging than dreaming them up :shock: :?

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”