Stutters & FPS Drop ?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
DomP
Airman Basic

Stutters & FPS Drop ?

Post by DomP »

Hi not sure if anyone can help at all
I am having strange dips in FPS on the Connie on take off and in flight , generally i get 50-60fps with all my other A2A aircraft
but with the Connie it holds around 60 then all of a sudden i will get a dip down to say 24fps then it goes back up then it dips again after about 5 seconds ? , I have tried the plane at different locations and also tested the other A2A planes in my fleet
such as the A35 Bonanza , Comanche 250, 182 which are nice and smooth and have no issues whatsoever

Has anyone else had this or found out what is causing this problem ?
I never had this on my old pc and and was using P3Dv4.3 , I have upgraded my pc now and still using v4.3 but went to use the Connie for the first time since upgrading and noticed this fps spikes ?
I have no Antivirus running which could cause this

any help would be good
many thanks all

Dom

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Stutters & FPS Drop ?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dom,

Please could you give us a little bit of info on the basic specs of your new PC, along with any Windows utilities of flight sim add-ons which may be running when you encounter these FPS drops? Particularly any software which is unique to the new PC...

We've had a few isolated reports of similar behaviour, but it's not been possible to reproduce this yet as far as I'm aware.

Thanks,
Nick

DomP
Airman Basic

Post by DomP »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Dom,

Please could you give us a little bit of info on the basic specs of your new PC, along with any Windows utilities of flight sim add-ons which may be running when you encounter these FPS drops? Particularly any software which is unique to the new PC...

We've had a few isolated reports of similar behaviour, but it's not been possible to reproduce this yet as far as I'm aware.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick Thanks for getting back to us ,
My Specs are I7 8700k which is running around 4.6ghz
my graphics card is a GTX1080
16gb Ram
1tb SSD

what i have noticed which is strange is it spikes when the throttle is moved up and down , so I am thinking it could be related to sounds ? i might be going mad here, but i did some tests last night and for example

If you start your take off roll , when the sound of the bumps and the creaks/rattles on the tarmac it stutters when the sounds are played , this is just my thoughts at moment
The only time it happens in the air is if you suddenly throttle up or down,(which to me says could be related to the playback of sound/engine effects) ?
I get a FPS dip to in the 20,s then sometimes it even spikes up to 90 momentarily then normally hovers around the 55-60 fps mark

also before i take off , i get an automated message played "Career mode off" , not sure that would cause it ?

I have no background software running, ive turned of real weather , still get the same results, I even tried p3dv4.4 which gave me same results, ive not gone back to v4.3 as for the moment im happy with that.

Hope you can help Nick :)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I use FSXA and the thing that causes career mode off is if i use slew to reposition the aircraft prior to getting the aircraft fired up , if it happens i open shift+3 and reactive caree mode.
I have not seen stutters and frame drops like you have reported , so it must be a P3D thing , but i remember some reporting this , are you running everything sim related as admin and have anti virus set to ignor everything related to the sim , if not try that and see if anything improves.
regards alan. 8)

DomP
Airman Basic

Post by DomP »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
I use FSXA and the thing that causes career mode off is if i use slew to reposition the aircraft prior to getting the aircraft fired up , if it happens i open shift+3 and reactive caree mode.
I have not seen stutters and frame drops like you have reported , so it must be a P3D thing , but i remember some reporting this , are you running everything sim related as admin and have anti virus set to ignor everything related to the sim , if not try that and see if anything improves.
regards alan. 8)
Hiya Alan,
thanks for your help , I managed to put the career mode back on now which is good :)
so my conclusion is with the FPS dips and spikes that it was infact Windows Antivirus , as soon as i Turn it off which i thought i had tried already , it goes and stays around 50/60fps which i was expecting.

At last shes back lol :)
Appreciate your advice and anyone else reading this who maybe having similar problems this may help ?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Domp.
Glad your sorted and can once again enjoy this beauty.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi again Dom,

Good to hear you've resolved the FPS issue with the L-049 and thanks for posting back with the additional info.

Nick

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”