Performance? Connie vs. 377 or P51

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Performance? Connie vs. 377 or P51

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

I've a quite modest PC system but the P51 civ and the 377 COTS running suprisingly smooth within FSX SE and Activy Sky 2016 and ultimate traffic live. With the Skylane it's just "ok" and with the Bonanza it's absolutely not smooth.

So I really would like to try the connie now. Please could anybody give me some reference how's the performance of the connie compared to the 377 or the P51? It only does make sense for me if she's running smooth like the two mentioned ones.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Zacke

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Performance? Connie vs. 377 or P51

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
All the A2A aircraft run smoothe for me , but then again i have a high end games machine , A2A go to great lengths to get fluidity on the aircraft , so the user gets good to reasonable flyability , it would help if you gave some info to help others to give you better advice.
info that would help get you better advice are:-
SIM=P3Dv1,2,3 or4/FSXA/FSXSE
VIDEO CARD=
PCU=
OPERATING SYSTEM=
RAM=
ANTI VIRUS USED=
always run the sim and aircraft as admin , and have any antivirus set to ignor anything sim related for bettere performance , and make sure any sim performance sliders are set for a compromise between performance and visuals that suit you.
regards alan. 8)

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Thanks for your reply.

SIM=FSX SE
VIDEO CARD= integrated (see CPU)
CPU=i3-7100 3.9 ghz
OPERATING SYSTEM=win10
RAM=4 gb
ANTI VIRUS USED=none

Yes - that's far away from a gaming machine. But as I said, 377 COTS and P51 civ are running very well.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Zacke,

Yes, newer products like the Bonanza with higher resolution textures and more advanced lighting effects will tend to push hardware a bit more. You may be pushing your luck a bit with an integrated video card.

However, on my system I find performance of the P-51 civilian and the L-049 to be broadly equivalent. Please see the comparison shots I posted here for more info.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”