49 State Flight with Record Keeping

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
GoProTexas
Airman

49 State Flight with Record Keeping

Post by GoProTexas »

Howdy, everyone!

This is really first time in the forums in a while, but I've been reading posts and keeping up to date.

I am a real world pilot about 40 hours short of my commercial license, and hope to make a career out of flying one day.

I've been simming since 2006 when FSX first came out and have been involved with A2A since the 172.

I've always wanted to do a US tour in an A2A plane, and I think the addition of the Bonanza to my hangar is finally the sign I should seek to complete my goal.

Right now the plan is to visit the 49 states minus Hawaii and document the whole journey on an Excel spreadsheet and possibly even live streaming to YouTube.

In the Excel document I plan to keep track of things like fuel burn, oil burn, time taken, etc, and lets see how the airframe holds up throughout the end of the trip.

I've elected to keep the flights relatively short so I'm not broadcasting the same view to everyone for 3 hours with the autopilot on. The flights should be short enough to enjoy some of the actual workload of flying without falling asleep at cruise.

Since the Bonanza is such a powerful and capable airplane in real life and such a great cross country platform, I think I will keep most of the flights on IFR routing and flying full procedures in and out of airports. I'm not a CFI or CFII, but I'd be more than happy to share this journey from a first person perspective full of flight planning, shooting approaches, and handling whatever else comes up.

I am a student first, but I'd like to do at least a few of the legs per week.

What do y'all say? Ready for this? I sure am!

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Re: 49 State Flight with Record Keeping

Post by joespeed52 »

Sounds like a trip I could get behind. Keep us posted, and good luck!
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

CapK
Airman Basic

Post by CapK »

It's certainly a trip I would follow. Do you have a Youtube channel already?
An aviator's life has its ups and downs.

GoProTexas
Airman

Post by GoProTexas »

I'm pretty new to this, but here is my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpJDen ... fn6UnEfONg

Youtube won't let me go live for another 24 hours, but I'll try and just record this first flight and upload it, and get some more feedback about how the stream should go.

First leg will be KCLL-KSHV, a flight from my University in College Station, TX to Shreveport, LA.

I'll make sure to post directly to the video when it's uploaded, and hopefully we will have some actual live streams here eventually.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you are going to be streaming, check out Chaseplane. Great camera add-on and for streamers and for general fun during the longer legs has a cinematic mode that with turn the sim camera into a random movement and pan mode making everything look great and generally fun to watch streaming or not to just really enjoy the sims eye candy hehe.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GoProTexas
Airman

Post by GoProTexas »

CapK
Airman Basic

Post by CapK »

Great! I see you are already underway with three legs completed. I'm going to subscribe and watch. Thanks.
An aviator's life has its ups and downs.

GoProTexas
Airman

Post by GoProTexas »

CapK wrote:Great! I see you are already underway with three legs completed. I'm going to subscribe and watch. Thanks.
Thanks for the subscribe!

I guess YouTube won't let me have a custom channel link yet, so y'all can find me here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpJDen ... fn6UnEfONg

I'm on leg 4 headed into Florida!

The google sheet has some nice performance data about oil and fuel burn for sure.

If y'all want anything about real life flying explained in the sim y'all can reply here or send a message directly on the stream!

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”