Information about the prop heat?

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Information about the prop heat?

Post by MatzeH84 »

Nothing serious, but for the first time in the GA fleet we have a prop heat. While it's obvious what it does, it's not mentioned in the manual (only the switch is labeled). It would be great if some information about it could be added to the manual.. When to operate it, if there are limitations to observe and how to verify proper operation for example.
Again, just a very minor thing, however it caught my eye when I was looking for a system description.

Gesendet von meinem F8331 mit Tapatalk
Kind regards, Matthias

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Information about the prop heat?

Post by Scott - A2A »

We should have removed the label from that switch as the airplane is not equipped with prop heat. You can see by looking at the prop, there are no heating elements.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Many thanks, that clears it up.
Maybe you could consider it in a future update, switchable via the maintenance hangar.. [WINKING FACE]

Kind regards, Matthias

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Currently, I don't think FSX/P3D models any sort of prop icing anyway (airframe, yes), so it would need to be a whole new Accusim module which would be a large undertaking in itself. So until then, prop heat would be purely cosmetic anyway.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

Structural and propeller icing are indeed build in since FSX. While the structural icing 'only' adds weight to the airframe, the prop icing decreases prop efficiency.
Plus the known pitot and carb ice.. So an icing simulation is there, however rather basic and/or unrealistic in many aspects. What was always missing is the visualization, which is why most people think it doesn't exist at all (besides pitot or carb icing, the latter most people won't ever notice since they fly Airliners). So after all, it would make sense.
An proper icing simulation is what I really miss on A2A planes, or better, on almost all addons. But it can only work with proper weather addons.

Kind regards, Matthias

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Take a look at Sim Physics X (or P3D). I've been flying with it for a couple years and it adds a nice degree of realism. (I don't use any of the other features in the package preferring PrecipitFX for rain and snow textures and, of course Accu-Sim.
Blue skies and tailwinds

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”