Green Color Tint on Windows

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

This new bird is looking very tempting ... but I need to know first :-

Do all of the models come with a green color tint on the windows? Are there any models that do not come with the green color tint?

For those with the green screens, does it give a green cast to the world outside?

I much prefer planes with no color tint on windows, as I dislike the "corrected" color out in the world when flying around.

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Re: Green Color Tint on Windows

Post by Flieger-Marius »

The A2A liveries all come with clean glass.
As a repainter you often match the tone the real plane has. Personally, I color the inside only very mildly even on heavy shades, because the eye gets used to it irl.
However, you can turn off external and internal coloring individually in every repaint by deleting the textures that cause the effect.
Greets, Marius

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

I know all liveries come with clear glass but i saw some of them have a green tint to the windows, while some appear colorless. Csn someone help confirm that some of the liveries indeed do not have any color tint on them? Thanks.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I use FSXA cannot speak for P3Dv4 users.
I am at EGPB in the BO reg TG-KAT , the windows do have a green tint on the outside view, inside view the view is a tad darker looking out .
I cannot say if they all have the green tint or not at this stage.
regards alan.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Avio,

All the Bonanza liveries feature slightly green tinted glass as this option is seen in the vast majority of real world V35Bs. The effect is most noticeable from the outside though, and doesn't give a "green cast" to views from the virtual cockpit.

The appearance of the external tint differs somewhat between FSX and Prepar3D v4, largely because of the more advanced lighting and reflection effects present in the latter.

Thanks,
Nick

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

The green looks more intense from outside because you're looking through two layers of glass. It's almost unnoticeable from inside, just a slightly darker shade of the world outside.

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Very strange. I don't see any green at all in my P3D.
Gonna check the RGBs once I'm home.

Now I'm kinda worried all my paints are off in color :lol:
Greets, Marius

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

I’m rather partial to the green glass both in the RW and the Sim - at least when viewed outside in the sim - lol - I thought all the Bonanza window glass was completely clear on the A2A models ? I did’t notice any color...

This is the tint level I think looks best - as demonstrated on the Skylane - only issue it tinted the landing light lens as well:

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Thanks folks for the input !

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

The green tint looks very similar to the green tinted glass you used to get on car windows in some markets in the 70's and 80's, before window tint films became popular. It was an attempt to keep a car's interior cooler. In Britain and some Commonwealth countries, it was commonly known as "Sundym" windows.

I'm guessing the same thinking was applied to light planes too. I spent many sweaty hours doing circuits at an airfield just north of Perth in the height of a 40 degree summer wishing for window tint and air con!! :lol:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”