N251TB

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
N324JK
Staff Sergeant

N251TB

Post by N324JK »

Hoping Scav sees this, because for some reason, I can't send a PM. I finished 251TB - it's parked at KVNC, ready for pick up!

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1orGjtB ... sp=sharing

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Enjoy, and Happy Flying!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: N251TB

Post by taildraggin68 »

Very nice work Jon 8)

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

Beautiful paint - yeah - noticed the ability to PM someone has gone MIA as well - at least from Tapatalk...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

N324JK wrote:Hoping Scav sees this, because for some reason, I can't send a PM. I finished 251TB - it's parked at KVNC, ready for pick up!
Enjoy, and Happy Flying!
Woohoo! Just saw this now - thanks! :D

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Post by N324JK »

Anytime - glad you like it!
Jon K.

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

Alright,

Though this post could probably go into the 'used Bonanza, tell your plane's story' thread, I'll include it here because I've got a very busy imagination and this story is specific to this particular livery.

TL;DR: This is an imaginary plane being flown by imaginary people and it crashed, but not badly enough that it killed anyone or totalled the imaginary plane. Imaginary people with lots of imaginary money spent their imaginary money fixing this imaginary plane.

I'm a spare-time prose writer in addition to being a rampie at one of the local airports here, and I've been using A2A products to further the plot along certain lines in a story I've been working on, and to gain artistic/real world inspiration in others. The universe which I've been writing in lately has been near future (2018-2025+), alternate universe concentrating on the U.S. space program (Space Shuttle replaced by a similar, more load-capable and somewhat safer spaceplane with circumlunar range capabilities), and concentrating on a handful of astronauts and their colleagues and immediate families as they go about their lives.

N251TB belongs to one of these astronauts, and it gave her many hours of faithful service until it was involved in a forced landing incident on 28 June 2023. The county sheriff's department was called when the incident in its entirety was observed by the public. The aircraft was found by first responders inverted in the middle of a field lined with trees and a creek, and the occupant was discovered passed out outside the aircraft with an expended fire extinguisher close by. The occupant suffered injuries that required hospitalization but were not life-threatening.

The aircraft was on its second engine at the time of the incident. Airframe TT was 2242.7 hours; TSMOH was 855.4. The pilot/owner reported the last general inspection revealed no anomalous / unexpected behavior from the aircraft or powerplant and they had followed proper procedure on the flight in question. Further inspection of the vehicle revealed extensive foreign material contamination of the engine oil which lead to catastrophic damage to the engine internals. There was significant free metal content in the oil pan and filter. The lowest compression cylinder read 26/80; the highest read 53/80.

Post-incident, the aircraft was purchased back from the insurance company as the primary damage to the airframe was contained firewall-forward with the exception of the ruddervator assembly which made the aircraft feasibly repairable.

The aircraft spent the next several months undergoing a complete overhaul being stripped down to bare metal inside and outside in the process. Eventually it received a new IO-550 to replace the completely shot IO-520 core from an engine overhaul shop in Ohio. N-number reissuance and STC paperwork was completed at that point. A propellor assembly, front cowling, engine mount, nose gear assembly and replacement ruddervator assembly was purchased from two separate companies in Minnesota, along with tip tanks and the necessary hardware. Once these new items were gathered and installed the entire aircraft was broken down once more and palleted, loaded onto a tractor trailer, and shipped to Mena, AR where it was reassembled and repainted.

Which brings us to Thursday, 28 November 2024. The break-in process has started with a quick 1.6 hour flight from Mena, AR back to the pilot's home base in Liberty, TX.

Pictures will be coming shortly. :)

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

5.9 hours and two days into the break-in. I elected to run a route west from T78 (Liberty, TX) to CNM (Carlsbad, NM) starting out in the morning so that my virtual pilot could spend the rest of the day touring the caverns.

Today's flight is a ~6 hour direct flight from CNM to DLH in northeastern Minnesota. Currently cruising at 75% power, 9,000'. 21" MP, 2400 RPM which is yielding a ground speed of 180 knots.

This thing is a beast!

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Post by N324JK »

Very cool - love the back story!
Jon K.

EightyFiftyFive
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by EightyFiftyFive »

Very nice Jon! really like the scheme on this one. You have came a long way in a short time with your paints. Good stuff man. 8)
Some of my repaint work (screens only)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/121556714@N07/albums

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

N324JK wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 22:42 Hoping Scav sees this, because for some reason, I can't send a PM. I finished 251TB - it's parked at KVNC, ready for pick up!
I've been meaning to necropost this for a while but hadn't gotten around to it until now. On a lark, I was curious where KVNC was so I googled it.

And . . . thank the internet, this is what I came across. :lol:

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”