First flight finished

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
tbaac
Technical Sergeant

First flight finished

Post by tbaac »

My flight wasn't quite as adventurous as some of yours.
I flew L52 to KSBP, but I suspect its the first A2A aircraft that I haven't crashed on my first flight. I'm getting good at this :mrgreen:

It was also my first flight in P3Dv4.
Looking at the external view initially I was surprised to find that it had fixed landing gear.
My scenery was OrbX Socal and either through the options in there or in P3D I started parked on top of another light aircraft.
A bit unnerving, anyone know if that's an option somewhere? I don't want to disable all static aircraft but it would be nice to have a parking space to myself to begin with.

Really liking the V-Tail anyway. I rotated a bit fast on takeoff (didn't use flaps on takeoff and was worried that I was running out of runway).

Thanks to everyone at A2A.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Re: First flight finished

Post by EnDSchultz »

I'm guessing you later discovered the gear is in fact retractable?

As for appearing on top of other aircraft, that is part of the reason I fly with crash detection OFF. You can ruin your plane due to simulator nonsense, poor collision boxes on 3D objects making you crash into them even though you appear nowhere close. Causes a bunch of random damage and requires a lengthy visit to the maintenance hangar to get everything fixed again. No way to prevent appearing on top of a static aircraft if they're added as part of a scenery pack; as far as the simulator is concerned it doesn't even know they exist. But if you do, just slew the aircraft with the "y" key to an adjacent spot.

Also saving the sim when parked in an empty spot and then loading that scenario is an option. I've heard that loading complex addon aircraft with scenarios is discouraged but personally I've had no problems with it and have done hundreds of hours worth of grand tours by saving and then loading where I left off.

Glad you're enjoying it! The Bonanza is a handful with its high performance and poor stability but boy is she a looker! Happy flying!

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Thanks EnDSchultz. Initially I was surprised to see that A2A had given the option for a Cherokee landing gear on the Bonanza, but yes I soon saw what my issue was and I did use the landing gear during my flight. It made the walkaround a bit more (less?) interesting though. I'll try the y key next time that happens, thanks. (or perhaps even try the towbar).

It was such a short flight because I fiddled around with TrackIR, SimConnect etc. for a while beforehand on the new P3D install (reinstalling TrackIR resolved my issue in the end), so was short on time.

I'll need to get used to the flaps. I forgot about the flap gauge so the only flap settings I used were 'none', 'some', and 'all'.
Need to be a bit slooowwwwerr on rotation as well.

My landing was a lot smoother than my takeoff though.

Thanks.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

I have come to accept that takeoff and landing can become a real mess if you over-control. For one thing, when you are used to using rudder in nearly all prop planes, this requires little input or none. And you can't roll and use rudder without over-correcting, so inputs are cut in half of what I'd probably use in the Comanche. I did go into FSUIPC though and alter the elevator input to about 10 slope. I have it set to 6 on the Comanche. Both are just too sensitive to pitch on my yoke.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

Thanks Orlaam. Been away from ESP for a bit and new to P3D v4. If I want to adjust axis slope or null zones I'll need the paid version of fsuipc I think and I don't have that yet. I had the paid version of fsuipc v4 but I've been trying not to buy too many things at once so not got v5 yet.

I could do with Chase Plane, fsuipc and although I have F1's GTN 750, I think to use it with P3D v4 I'll need to upgrade to GTN Complete.

Is there a way to adjust null values etc. in either P3D or in the A2A Input Configurator? I use a CH Throttle Quadrant and I couldn't pull the mixture far enough back to stop the engine. (reading another thread here if I'd pulled the throttle back to minimum as well that might have helped).
edit: Adjusting the axis sensitivity in P3D resolved my issue with not having full axis movement on the prop and mixture axes. I can hold off on buying fsuipc for now :)
Thanks.
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

tbaac wrote:Thanks Orlaam. Been away from ESP for a bit and new to P3D v4. If I want to adjust axis slope or null zones I'll need the paid version of fsuipc I think and I don't have that yet. I had the paid version of fsuipc v4 but I've been trying not to buy too many things at once so not got v5 yet.

I could do with Chase Plane, fsuipc and although I have F1's GTN 750, I think to use it with P3D v4 I'll need to upgrade to GTN Complete.

Is there a way to adjust null values etc. in either P3D or in the A2A Input Configurator? I use a CH Throttle Quadrant and I couldn't pull the mixture far enough back to stop the engine. (reading another thread here if I'd pulled the throttle back to minimum as well that might have helped).
edit: Adjusting the axis sensitivity in P3D resolved my issue with not having full axis movement on the prop and mixture axes. I can hold off on buying fsuipc for now :)
Thanks.
I don't think so, but you can adjust the elevator sensitivity in the control panel where the lights, cowl flaps, switches and all show up. Shift-3 I think. Bottom left, elevator sensitivity.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”