Pulling very hard right in taxi UPDATED

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
janice
Airman First Class

Pulling very hard right in taxi UPDATED

Post by janice »

Hi all. I cannot sort out the reason for this problem. I'm pulling very hard right in taxi and the left nose fuel strainer is greyed out. Nothing else shows on inspection that I can see, and I've repeatedly inspected in the hanger and found nothing, but done complete overhauls, etc., anyhow. Seems to be specific to Beechcraft N41G (which I have crashed and wrecked - without personal injury - and repaired). The fact the left nose fuel strainer is greyed out in the pre-flight makes me think it has something to do with a crash. I've tested other planes and it doesn't seem to be my controllers. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Janice

Updated: I've mapped the controls with FSUICP, and this may have resolved the issue - just testing.
Update: That seems to have it fixed. Not sure where the conflict was, but it seems to be working now.
Last edited by janice on 24 Nov 2018, 19:59, edited 2 times in total.

janice
Airman First Class

Re: Pulling very hard right in taxi

Post by janice »

I think I figured this out. I think it's a matter of not using enough throttle when taxi-ing. However, is the left fuel strainer suppose to be greyed out?

Janice

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

It will be grayed out if you don't select a fuel tank before preflight.

janice
Airman First Class

Re: Pulling very hard right and left in taxi

Post by janice »

Turns out I didn't resolve this problem. Any suggestions? I seem to veer all over the place in taxi. It's as though the brakes are grabbing one side and then the other.

Janice

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Assuming you're using a device (pedals or joystick twist axis) to control your rudder - have you checked the calibration? My rudder axis in P3D v4 goes out of whack occasionally for no apparent reason, and produces the kind of behavior you're describing. The solution is usually to recalibrate the rudder controller in P3D or the Windows game controller dialog or both. Give that a try (it takes a minute or two) and see if it makes a difference.

Also - since you say it's specific to the Bonanza - check the A2A Bonanza input configurator and make sure there isn't a conflicting axis assignment - that is, if you're not using the configurator to assign your rudder axis, make sure whatever device is set to the rudder axis is marked "disabled." And if you are using the configurator, make sure you've got the right axis assigned and set to "enabled" - and make sure it's the same one assigned in P3D.

Hope this helps.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

janice
Airman First Class

Post by janice »

Thank you for reply. I'm using a x-55 joy stick for rudder, and I'm in FSX. I checked again my input configurator - I don't have the controls set in there as I get a better result by setting them in FSX. I also check the calibration. All good. It's as though the nose wheel gets stuck. If I persist in trying to turn it hard against the way it wants to go, it sometimes straightens up and rolls properly. . . . I'd swear it's to do with nose wheel or a brake sticking, but nothing shows up on inspection.

Janice

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Pulling very hard right in taxi UPDATED

Post by Alan_A »

You might actually have a brake sticking. Something else to try - in FSX controller calibration, set the rudder axis for a small null zone (about 10). And, assuming you've got brakes set to a button, make sure they're not set to repeat (via the slider that appears when you set the brake axis to a button - make sure it's full left). See if that makes a difference.

janice
Airman First Class

Post by janice »

Hi Alan. I got it sorted out. Somewhere (though I haven't figured out where), my controller settings had a conflicting setting. Happily it's resolved, although I picked up a case of the blurries along the way. I think it's due to Active Sky - sigh.

Janice

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Glad to hear you've got the brakes working - and sorry about the blurries. Could be Active Sky - it can be hard on the system. I've had frame rate issues with it when my antialiasing settings were too high, but never blurries. Could easily happen, though. Do you run unlimited frames? If so, see what happens if you set a limit. What works best for me is: internal frame slider at unlimited, VSync on, and VSync set to 1/2 Refresh Rate in the video driver (NVidia control panel for me). See if that helps. If not, I'm sure other, more graphics-skilled friends will be along to chime in with better advice.

It's always something with FSX/P3D, isn't it?

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”