Non-mipmaps; my Bonanza repaints gone down the plug 'ole

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
rod55
Staff Sergeant

Non-mipmaps; my Bonanza repaints gone down the plug 'ole

Post by rod55 »

Hi Experts

out of curiosity, I've just download/installed the Bonanza non-mipmaps texture set. I am pleased with the result of clearer A2A Bonanza panel.
(P3D Resolution set to Ultra 4096x4096 and 4x SSAA4096 and Anisotropic x16.)
(P3D Display 'Mipmap VCV Panels' UNCHECKED.)

BUT my set of Bonanza repaints (visibly available to me with the previous "Mipmaps Bonanza") e.g. N1733, N5907C are NOT LISTED in P3D menu for selecting aircraft

Looking at the Aircraft CFG I see that these "addon" repaints are MISSING, no longer woven into the CFG file as I had previously and successfully done.

Should I just simply repeat the procedure, for each repaint, of installing them, inserting their details into the Bonanza Aircraft CFG?

i.e. will these Bonanza repaints work and show up with the Non-Mipmap Bonanza?

I could have tried to install them and answer this question myself, but I didn't want to screw anything up, when I could always check it out with you lot first.

Oh and by the way "HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL A2A SIM PILOTS

Thanks in advance,

Rod
EGBB (no hangover...… honest!)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Non-mipmaps; my Bonanza repaints gone down the plug 'ole

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rod,

The no mipmap installer doesn't make any changes to the aircraft.cfg file, but the 18.12.22.0 update installer does replace it, which means any changes you make to the aircraft.cfg file won't appear after the update. However, as the installer UI mentions, the existing copy of the aircraft.cfg file is backed up in the same folder and renamed to "aircraft.cfg.18.12.22.bak".

So, to restore these repaints, just open the above file with a text editor such as Notepad, copy the top section with the "[fltsim.x]" entries you added, and paste these into the new aircraft.cfg file.

Thanks and Happy New Year to you too! :)
Nick

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Thanks Nick

touch of your genius and electric lightning speed

I copy your instruction and 'ere we go!

Rod

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Great stuff Nick,

Your solution worked magically.

Now the ball's in the net, we're ready to roll!

My entire set of non-mipmapped Bonanzas look grrrreat. Cant wait to start up! Birmingham to Liverpool. (Orbx overcast weather).

But first, down to pilots' café for a bit of brunch; yesterday evening's bangers and a few pickled onions …..come on...it's got to be done …… great way to get some personal space...… and milky coffee to sharpen the wits ….. and a couple of After Eight chocolate mints (if they've not been …….. Nick-ed …..

Pun over with, time for gratitude for A2A's 101% excellence

Rod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad you're back in business Rod - thanks for the update and you're always welcome. :)

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”