.NET Framework 3.5

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
reczyzewski
Airman Basic

.NET Framework 3.5

Post by reczyzewski »

Downloaded the Bonanza V-Tail before Christmas, but got error messages installing the Aircraft and Input Configurators. Both installations failed due to .NET Framework 3.5 installation. I am running Windows 10 Home edition and have been unsuccessful installing the framework, despite all the suggestions in the Windows forums out there. I really would like to get these features working because I'm having problems with the airleron and rudder controls that, I think, can only be fixed using the Input Configurator. Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

Jarek
Senior Airman

Re: .NET Framework 3.5

Post by Jarek »

Hi, .NET 3.5 is optional feature of Windows 10. Please go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Then on the left there is a link with small shield - Turn Windows features on and off. When window opens, please select first option for .NET framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).
Leave both Windows Communication Foundation options off. If this was done already, you may try to reinstall framework this way.

Then please follow this thread to install some ancient DirectX components, otherwise Configurator will not work on clean Windows 10 installation:
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 39&t=65287

reczyzewski
Airman Basic

Post by reczyzewski »

Thanks, Jerek. I tried your suggestion several times (and even tried disabling Windows Defender), but keep getting the same error message...

"Windows couldn't complete the requested changes. The system cannot find the file specified. Error code: 0x80070002"

I've checked a few MS forums and some of the threads seem to allude to not running in Administrator mode, but I've checked my user profile and my logon has local admin privileges. Anyone else out there having problems with this?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you right clicked and selected run as admin?

An admin account is not the same as running as admin. Windows has several admin levels, similar to the business side now. So you get admin and system admin. One allows local changes other a bit more in depth stuff. If you have an admin account you still need to normally right click and select run as admin to run a application as administrator of the system.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jarek
Senior Airman

Post by Jarek »

Well, looks like something is broken in your Windows installation. Let's make sure if this is true.
Please right click on Windows logo (start) and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
Type the following command:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /verifyonly

If you are on HDD, this command may run for half an hour or more.

If nothing found, proceed to next step. if verify shows errors, type:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> sfc /scannow

Then check if system image is already marked as corrupted:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
if it is, stop here.

if not, then scan for corruption:
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Last 2 options do not perform any repair. Just let me know if it this finds something. Such thing happened to me once when I simply and normally shutdown my system while Windows Update was installing stuff in the background. For me it was quicker to reinstall this OS rather than digging into it, but here I assume that you would like to avoid it.

Daveo
Airman

Post by Daveo »

Have you checked here?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... windows-10

Microsoft article on installing Net Framework 3.5 on
a Windows 10 system.
Dave Opper
ESSB - Stockholm, Sweden
Support Manager
HiFi Support Team

reczyzewski
Airman Basic

Post by reczyzewski »

Thank you Daveo, Jarek, and Lewis!

Yes, I've tried the install from the Windows Features app several times, and think that Jarek & Lewis are correct in that 1) I need to install it from the OEM disk, and 2) I need to do it in System Admin mode. I haven't had a chance to do this yet, but will let you know how it goes. I really appreciate your suggestions!

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”