Power to move on the ground

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Power to move on the ground

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

I am curious, why the Bonanza V35B needs more than a thousand RPM before starting to move over the ground, where in example the C172 - starts taxing at 900 RPM or even less. I thought to myself it must be the weight of the aircraft and it made sense, the little Skyhawk is approximately a 1000 lb lighter than the Beechcraft depending on the model on both sides - so that could be it.
But I noticed that the Skyhawk bigger sibling Cessna 182 also propels itself with lower RPM than "the Bo" and it is much heavier than the Skyhawk.
I was wondering why the Beechcraft Bonanza takes the most power of the three in this example before it starts taxing?

(Set up conditions, props full in, mixture leaned for the airport elevation)

Cheerz,
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Power to move on the ground

Post by Medtner »

Yeah, and this seems to have become worse for me after the updates - even though they say that the thrust needed is reduced per the update-notes.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Medtner wrote:Yeah, and this seems to have become worse for me after the updates - even though they say that the thrust needed is reduced per the update-notes.
Me too, Medtner. They said less power would be needed but I'd swear it takes more now.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

You guys (Erik and ClipperLuna) probably run the Bonanza on P3D4, I still use the good old FSX and you have noticed the higher power required to move the aircraft. I do not dare even to ask: is it how it works with the real Beechcraft V35B, having in mind how accurately modeled the A2A planes are. :?:

Cheerz,
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

This was addressed in the last patch. I will test the update on one of our beta test machines to make sure this made it into the update.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Thank you for looking into this Scott!

--
Vladi

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”