Never flown 0.0 hours on engine and stuff is broken

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JerseySeven
Airman

Never flown 0.0 hours on engine and stuff is broken

Post by JerseySeven »

Getting ready for my first flight in the Bonanza. Went to the hangar screen, clicked on inspect and compression is less than optimal in every cylinder, every gauge is either not functioning properly or sticky, problem with brakes and landing gear etc etc.

When I select repair all or select "reset" on the Shift-3 screen nothing changes. Stuff is still broken.

Didn't have these problems in the Cherokee or Comanche. What gives?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Never flown 0.0 hours on engine and stuff is broken

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
What sim and operating system are you useing.
I use FSXA on win 7 64 bit , and i had to install/uninstall/reinstall to fix the issue you discribe , also make sure you have any AV programe set to ignor anything flightsim related and run sim and aircraft as admin , also make sure you run latest update , if running FSX make sure you are updated to SP1/SP2.
regards Alan. 8)

JerseySeven
Airman

Post by JerseySeven »

Prepar3D v4.3 Windows 10. Yes, fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling. On reinstall it found a recent update that I didn't have.

Oddest thing about the previous experience was not just the condition of the plane. Every time I un-paused the sim (this is cold and dark, mind you) the plane would start moving either backwards or forwards at such a velocity, that hitting the brakes would cause the whole airframe to tip over. Wasn't some odd control setting (like slew or push back) because the movement would stop after switching to a completely different aircraft (e.g. Cherokee, Comanche or even the F16).

How does a plane do that with the engine off? I thought that either my simulator or Bonanza was possessed!

Anyway the reinstall seemed to have fixed things.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Glad to hear that it is now fixed , also make sure you always have the default flight set when you boot the sim up , when default flight shows in the preview window , then select things like airport/time/ then the chosen A2A or other high end addon aircraft , then hit fly now, else the aircraft might not set up in correct state , then your aircraft systems might not work as expected.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello JerseySeven,

Good to hear the installation issue is resolved, but have you downloaded the new installers for your Cherokee and Comanche? If you're using a mix of old and new installers, it could explain the problem you encountered.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”