Update Query

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Orlaam
Senior Airman

Update Query

Post by Orlaam »

Just wanted to see if a couple items are gonna be on the update list. I'm in FSX:SE at the moment, and although I plan to upgrade to P3D, it won't be for several months at this point.

In the meantime, the issue of not being able to see the fuel selector at night. Also, in FSX the taxi/landing lights are insane at night. In the Comanche they light up the ground and even project into the atmosphere (e.g., Shockwave), but the Bonanza literally light up the horizon from the ground. Way too bright. Night flying is a no-go for me in this plane.

Also, I know it's a model issue, but is their a plan to add strobe and possibly other lights that project onto the ground in FSX. I know P3D has them and I look forward to it down the road, as well as the rain, but in the meantime? Other FSX planes do it, so it's not just a P3D effect.

Thanks!
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Update Query

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Chris,

We haven't yet finalised content for the next Bonanza updated, but I have to stay it's not planned to include any night lighting fixes.

Do you have any shader mods or similar installed that may be affecting the external night lighting in your FSX installation?

Thanks,
Nick

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Nope :(

The taxi/night light is a mess and the inability to see the fuel selector makes it not worth messing with at night. Bummer
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

all is ok here, can you better describe your issue or show us screenshots to see what you are seeing?

In a stock FSX Steam edition its ok on my system, so I am wondering if you have something else in play here?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Here is the fuel tank issue:

Invisible in the Bonanza with all lighting on:

Visible in the Comanche with flood on:
Chris J.

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

Landing and taxi light, projecting into the sky! So bright too.

Chris J.

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

If I may, I would agree with Chris. I am also running FSXSE, and I am experiencing the same blinding landing/taxi lights. This of course is with the enhanced landing lights option turned on in the bonanza configurator. Also, when I turn on either the landing light, or taxi light, they flash about half a dozen times before they remain on. I assumed it was because of my aging graphics card, an Nvidia 9800 series.

All my other A2A aircraft have the same wonderful looking landing lights as on the Comanche. Would it perhaps be possible, to offer a third option for the landing nights? :)

Thanks,
Marv

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Chris/Marv,

Just to clarify a bit, the MDL based landing lights used in the Bonanza are exactly the same as those used in the other Accu-Sim aircraft. However, in the Bonanza it's the position of these lights that's relevant: there are two of them located directly in front of the pilot. On the Comanche for example, they're out on the wingtips so not directly in the pilot's line of vision. This means this side effect is less noticeable.

One workaround would be to use the default FSX landing lights. The MDL based lighting is a compromise that was added based on popular demand, but please bear in mind that FSX is 10 years old, and doesn't offer the same lighting options available in P3Dv4.

For the fuel selector in the Bonanza, I'd recommend assigning it to a hardware or keyboard control via the Bonanza Input Configurator.
MarvK wrote:Also, when I turn on either the landing light, or taxi light, they flash about half a dozen times before they remain on. I assumed it was because of my aging graphics card, an Nvidia 9800 series.
Yes, this shouldn't be happening and outdated hardware may be the culprit. However, are you using any add-ons such as the DX10 scenery fixer?

Thanks,
Nick

MarvK
Airman First Class

Post by MarvK »

Hi Nick,

Not using DX10 fixer as I’m still using DX9 and Win7. Probably another reason why I’m seeing the blinding artifacts. Curious I’m not seeing the same effect on the piper Cherokee. If you say MDL based landing lights are the same, the Cherokee doesn’t have the same effect even though the landing light is also on the nose?

Using the default lights is what I’m using now. Still love the Bonanza though! :wink:

Marv

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marv,

It may just be that the differences in the geometry of the aircraft is enough to make this effect more noticeable in the Bonanza. By that, I mean the position of the pilot's head relative to the light source. And of course, the Bo has both a taxi light and a landing light in the nose.

DX9 shouldn't make the issue any worse as far as I'm aware, but I have used the DX10 fixer for a while as I try to keep FSX reasonably basic for testing.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”