electric trim, AP disc not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

after setting assignments in the input configuration and clearing conflicts in flight sim, the mapped buttons still dont do anything in sim. trim doesnt move and ap disconnect button does not get pressed

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: electric trim, AP disc not working

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello tekrc,

You'll need to make sure the "enable controller(s)" tick box is ticked in order to assign hardware buttons using the Bonanza Input Configurator. FSUIPC users sometimes untick this option. If you're one of them, it just means you'll need to delete hardware axis assignments etc. in the FSX/P3D control setting if you assign them using FSUIPC.

If you can let us know which host simulator you're using (FSX or P3Dv4?) it'll also be easier for us to provide relevant advice.

Thanks,
Nick

tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello tekrc,

You'll need to make sure the "enable controller(s)" tick box is ticked in order to assign hardware buttons using the Bonanza Input Configurator. FSUIPC users sometimes untick this option. If you're one of them, it just means you'll need to delete hardware axis assignments etc. in the FSX/P3D control setting if you assign them using FSUIPC.

If you can let us know which host simulator you're using (FSX or P3Dv4?) it'll also be easier for us to provide relevant advice.

Thanks,
Nick

I dont see any tick box on the configurator. if you mean the one in the p3d controls>other settings then it IS checked. using p3dv4

tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

did a little more fiddling. I got it to work with my stick but not my throttle. I am using the thrustmaster warthog. I assigned buttons to the throttle before for the flap switch. after changing the assignment to the stick it worked fine. also if I assign the function to a keyboard key it works fine but not for a joystick button. might help narrow down the problem

edit: had it working for the one controller (stick) then restarted the sim and now its not working again. controls box is still checked so I'm not sure what to do

hughesj2
Airman

Post by hughesj2 »

I have the same issue, P3d v4.3...Trying to map the CWS yoke button to my Warthog Joystick (Button 2)...Seems to take it in the configurator fine and saves ok but doesn't override the p3d setting of landing gear and if I delete the assignment all together it doesn't do anything? Works fine if I hold the button down on the yoke with my mouse?
Regards
James
James

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Does it work if you assign keyboard shortcut to this function instead of joystick button?
Do you have any other controllers attached to the PC?
Michael Krawczyk

hughesj2
Airman

Post by hughesj2 »

Yeah works if I set it to keyboard "C" for example...
Just been checking in the Comanche configurator as that works fine (Yoke AP Alt) button mapped to same Warthog Joystick button as joystick:0:button:1, however, the Bonanza configurator AND new assignments to the Comanche are being detected as joystick:1, i.e. Yoke AP CSW joystick:1:button:1??
James

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

And which device is detected as joystick:0?
Michael Krawczyk

tekrc
Airman

Post by tekrc »

found the problem. I looked at the controllers in p3d and they were numbered completely differently. I manually changed the device numbers in the input profile and everything worked. can I suggest that we be able to do this from inside the input program so this is easier to resolve?

hughesj2
Airman

Post by hughesj2 »

In the Bonanza Input Configurator (and the Comanche one) it is auto detecting the Warthog Throttle as joystick:0 (i.e I select a shortcut in the configurator and then press any button on the Throttle, it shows up as joystick:0).
In the sim the controller numbers are 0 - Mouse Yolk, 1 - Mouse Look, 0 - Throttle HOTAS Warthog, 1 - Joystick HOTAS Warthog, 2 - Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals...So all seems to match up it's just that the only shortcut I can get to work is the AP ALT in the Comanche which is bound to joystick:0:button:1 which is the same button I want to bind CWS in the Bonanza to which both input configs seem reports as joystick:1 but it doesn't do anything in sim? I have enable controllers ticked and am using DirectInput if that makes any difference? Don't use FSUIPC for any controller stuff.
Cheers
James

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

I've had issues with the A2A configurators... I can use Saitek's software to send keyboard commands with the buttons on my joystick, and that works fine in sim and even with complex add-ons. It's not so great with A2A's configuration utilities. When I try assigning a keyboard shortcut to the yoke AP disconnect, the button in the VC gets stuck pressed. I had the exact same issue with the Comanche. The only way I found to get around it is instead of sending standard keyboard commands, send macros instead. I think it's because a normal key command is (for Ctrl+G, say): Ctrl(press) G(press) Ctrl(release) G(release). For macros it's: Ctrl(press) G(press) G(release) Ctrl(release). I think the software gets confused either by the order of key releases or by how quick the actions happen.
Also, I'm not sure right now, but I think there's an issue with the way joysticks are mapped inside the software. As in joy0 might not be the same device, based on the order in which you connect them.

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Ok, just a hunch here... set it to button 0 on your warthog in the configurator(probably trigger first stage) then go in your sim and test if it works on the button zero if you other controllers... A2A input configuration often confuses my controllers.. they are correctly named in the configurator but then not properly numbered in the file that is created/edited by the configurator.. I also have a video demonstrating and fixing this on my YouTube channel... see below:

[Youtube] http://youtu.be/I9ZHEcNUZQU[/Youtube]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

cristi.neagu wrote:The only way I found to get around it is instead of sending standard keyboard commands, send macros instead. I think it's because a normal key command is (for Ctrl+G, say): Ctrl(press) G(press) Ctrl(release) G(release). For macros it's: Ctrl(press) G(press) G(release) Ctrl(release). I think the software gets confused either by the order of key releases or by how quick the actions happen.
Also, I'm not sure right now, but I think there's an issue with the way joysticks are mapped inside the software. As in joy0 might not be the same device, based on the order in which you connect them.
These buttons require both "press" and "release" events to function properly. When mapped to virtual keys, either Saitek software does not send the "release" event or P3D does not register it correctly. Either way, as you've figured out, making a macro is the correct way to solve it.

The numbering of joystick devices in FSX/P3D is unfortunately a complex issue. There's a different numbering sequence depending whether you use Direct Input or Raw Input in P3D options. Then, the order of joysticks can change after one of those big windows updates. And obviously it changes if you connect/disconnect another device or run a Thrustmaster target script that combines several devices into one. Unfortunately that's how FSX SDK was made and what P3D inherited. The configurator tries to guess the proper order of joysticks, but it's not always successful it seems.
Michael Krawczyk

hughesj2
Airman

Post by hughesj2 »

Ahh OK cheers gents..Now I know where the configurator writes to I think I see what is happening....I used to have FSX and P3D...So in my docs folder I have A2A\FSX\Bonanza35 AND A2A\P3D\Bonanza35...Looks like the configurator is updating files in the wrong folder...ie. the FSX one (ignore the last write time as I was manually amending file to test)..Maybe an installer issue as there's other backup files in there as well?
To be clear I've never owned the Bonanza for FSX, only bought it for P3D...
Comanche is doing the same, which I do own for both FSX and P3D.

Directory: C:\Users\James\Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35
Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
-a---- 18/09/2018 15:28 761 axisConfig.cfg
-a---- 18/09/2018 14:00 72 BonanzaV35log.dat.f
-a---- 18/09/2018 14:00 4 dme
-a---- 18/09/2018 14:00 4444 v2_BonanzaV35log.dat
-a---- 18/09/2018 12:06 4444 v2_BonanzaV35log.dat.bak1
-a---- 18/09/2018 11:33 4444 v2_BonanzaV35log.dat.bak2
-a---- 18/09/2018 11:09 4444 v2_BonanzaV35log.dat.bak3
-a---- 17/09/2018 17:51 4444 v2_BonanzaV35log.dat.bak4
-a---- 17/09/2018 17:31 4444 v2_BonanzaV35log.dat.bak5

Directory: C:\Users\James\Documents\A2A\P3D\Bonanza35

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
-a---- 19/09/2018 11:10 761 axisConfig.cfg

Cheers
James

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

That's normal, both files are updated simultaneously. The P3D config is used if you have Raw Input selected in P3D. The FSX config is for FSX and for P3D if you have Direct Input selected.
Michael Krawczyk

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”