Out of memory error

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Out of memory error

Post by Tailspin45 »

After 0.9 hours CTDT with OOM error.

First time ever (and I also fly PMDG aircraft when I shadow my wife's travels IRL).

Win10, i7-2600, 16Gb. GTX-970. FSX Gold, Orbx PNW terrain, AS16 weather and ASCA textures.

FSX.cfg textures set at 2048. No overclock or tweaks except widescreen and himemfix

UPDATE: just happened again. 2X now

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Out of memory error

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Tailspin45,

I would jump to P3Dv4, if I were you, with the platform you have. I find the new A2A V35 quite demanding to my system compared to the older ones. So far had too sudden FSX shutdowns without error log. I lowered the Autogen and Complexity to "normal" on both since I use ORBX too.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Yeah, I have P3D, but moving means I have to repurchase most of my paid add-ons.

So I live with FSX and use DX10

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I thought that too, Tailspin. On the advice of a friend, I found after a bit of looking that it isn’t necessarily the case! Okay, almost all the aircraft, save the Aerosoft Twin Otter required a re-purchase. But, all of the Orbx products and most of the add-on airports did not. To lessen that blow further, a fair number of those that did require a new purchase offered a discount to take the sting off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tailspin45 »

Thanks! Appears I need to investigate further!
Blue skies and tailwinds

Tailspin45
Staff Sergeant

Re: Out of memory error (SOLVED)

Post by Tailspin45 »

Reinstalled for a different problem, and used SceneryConfigEditor to turn off all the Oceania and Europe scenery.

OOM hasn't reoccured. Not sure which solved the problem, but suspect it was the reinstall because I've never had OOM crash until I started fly8ing this bird (even with PMDG aircraft).

Process Explorer (not to be confused with Task Manager's Process Monitor) never showed more than 3.8Gb of Virtual Address Space used.

UPDATE: spoke too soon. After 3+16 enroute from KEKA to KMYF (right over KLAX) the OOM pop-up appeared, although FSX kept running. However, after switch to an outside view and then back to virtual cockpit it never repainted and was unflyable.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We expect to have an update out tomorrow that will include textures without mipmaps. We're thinking this may happen with large scenery files along with large aircraft texture files. And on those systems that get an OOM, may be helped by slightly smaller textures.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Awesome! :D
Waiting for the second update then...

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”