Fuel Flow

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LowTrain
Airman

Fuel Flow

Post by LowTrain »

When trying to start the engine, following "by the book" procedure, there are times when the fuel flow gauge shows no response to engaging the fuel pump. This happened with the A2A Skylane when I first bought it (May 2018). I was lost, so I auto-started for weeks, before trying again. Success then followed, with myriad cold starts firing up the engine. I was a rookie in May 2018, but 140 hours later on the Skylane, I can start the engine every time. I bought the Bonanza (lovely, lovely, lovely), and experienced the same problem the first couple times I tried to start it--by the book procedure and nothing, no life from from the fuel flow gauge. Then I started a new session with the Bonanza, and it fires up as it should. Every attempt to start the Bonanza in the last 48 hours (there have been many) has succeeded.

So, trying to nurse myself off the Bonanza, and feeling bad for neglecting my Skylane, I went back to fly the 182. Trust me, I know how to start the Skylane, but the same thing happened, the same thing that happened originally with it, and the same thing that happened initially with the Bonanza: Nothing indicating on the fuel flow gauge; no fuel to fire the engine

Anyone have any idea what might be happening? Nothing wrong with the fuel pump in the maintenance hanger, and, trust me, I'm following procedure. It's just weird that it happened with both planes, the 182 the most, but I'm posting this in the Bonanza section because, in case you hadn't heard, the Bonanza is HOT

Also, let me offer more heaping praise to the A2A team if any of them are peeking about. Just marvelous work. Thanks for caring as much as you obviously, most emphatically, do. Best, Jeff.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Fuel Flow

Post by Scott - A2A »

I wonder if this may have something to do from, on some systems, you can't have the Accu-Sim airplane as your default airplane. Meaning, always start with a default P3D/FSX plane THEN choose your Accu-Sim plane.

It does sound like a bug, and if you find any way to reproduce it on demand, please let us know and we can try on our end.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

LowTrain
Airman

Post by LowTrain »

Thanks for getting back to me, Scott. The problem persists, but it's limited to just the 182 now after a brief appearance in the Bonanza. I've tried starting a flight with the 182 in numerous ways, including starting a flight with the FSX:SE Ultralight and then loading the 182. After each attempt, I've shut down the sim and launched it anew. The fuel pump just does not create any fuel flow (in between these attempts, I've jumped back to the Bonanza, and I get a reading on the fuel flow gauge). Unlike a simconnect issue resolved by Lewis several months ago (where everything in the maintenance hanger is in the red and can't be fixed), everything is fine with the 182 otherwise: it's in "excellent shape" and it can be auto-started and will perform normally. I just can't manually start the 182 anymore because no fuel will flow. Any ideas from your end? Thanks again to you and the A2A crew for being attentive and, well, awesome. Best, Jeff.

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Post by joespeed52 »

LowTrain wrote:Thanks for getting back to me, Scott. The problem persists, but it's limited to just the 182 now after a brief appearance in the Bonanza. I've tried starting a flight with the 182 in numerous ways, including starting a flight with the FSX:SE Ultralight and then loading the 182. After each attempt, I've shut down the sim and launched it anew. The fuel pump just does not create any fuel flow (in between these attempts, I've jumped back to the Bonanza, and I get a reading on the fuel flow gauge). Unlike a simconnect issue resolved by Lewis several months ago (where everything in the maintenance hanger is in the red and can't be fixed), everything is fine with the 182 otherwise: it's in "excellent shape" and it can be auto-started and will perform normally. I just can't manually start the 182 anymore because no fuel will flow. Any ideas from your end? Thanks again to you and the A2A crew for being attentive and, well, awesome. Best, Jeff.
Do you have a fuel tank selected before turning on the fuel pump and priming the engine? If no fuel tank is selected, no fuel will be drawn.
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

LowTrain
Airman

Post by LowTrain »

Yes, full, or nearly full, tank selected.

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Post by joespeed52 »

Then I'm not sure.
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

LowTrain wrote:Thanks for getting back to me, Scott. The problem persists, but it's limited to just the 182 now after a brief appearance in the Bonanza. I've tried starting a flight with the 182 in numerous ways, including starting a flight with the FSX:SE Ultralight and then loading the 182. After each attempt, I've shut down the sim and launched it anew. The fuel pump just does not create any fuel flow (in between these attempts, I've jumped back to the Bonanza, and I get a reading on the fuel flow gauge). Unlike a simconnect issue resolved by Lewis several months ago (where everything in the maintenance hanger is in the red and can't be fixed), everything is fine with the 182 otherwise: it's in "excellent shape" and it can be auto-started and will perform normally. I just can't manually start the 182 anymore because no fuel will flow. Any ideas from your end? Thanks again to you and the A2A crew for being attentive and, well, awesome. Best, Jeff.
Have you tried reinstalling sim connect? It wouldn't hurt.

Robin.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

LowTrain
Airman

Post by LowTrain »

All better now. Not sure what cured the problem, but fuel is flowing once again. Thanks to all for assistance.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”