Flight1 GTN Complete Edition not loading

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rsowder
Airman Basic

Flight1 GTN Complete Edition not loading

Post by rsowder »

When I go to the Aircraft Configurator and select either the 650, 750 or both, only the Default GPS shows up when selecting GPS using Shift+3. How do I get the Flight1 GPS's to show on the panel?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight1 GTN Complete Edition not loading

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums rsowder,

Just to check - have you reloaded the aircraft since making the selection via the Aircraft Configurator?

Thanks,
Nick

rsowder
Airman Basic

Post by rsowder »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello and welcome to the forums rsowder,

Just to check - have you reloaded the aircraft since making the selection via the Aircraft Configurator?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

No, I have not. I loaded the aircraft then selected the GTN GPS via the Aircraft Configurator. Do I need to reload the aircraft then load the GTN?

Thank you,
Randy

Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Snorre »

Yes Randy, you need to make the changes with the aircraft not loaded or you have to reload after making any changes for these to become effective.
Gunter

rsowder
Airman Basic

Post by rsowder »

Snorre wrote:Yes Randy, you need to make the changes with the aircraft not loaded or you have to reload after making any changes for these to become effective.
I am making the changes with FSX not running, then I start FSX and I'm not able to see the GPS. I was wondering if I need to delete the Bonanza then load it again.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

This might be a stupid question, but do you own the F1 GTN?

rsowder
Airman Basic

Post by rsowder »

patful wrote:This might be a stupid question, but do you own the F1 GTN?
Yes, I have the latest version of the Flight1 GTN 650/750 (Flight One Software - GTN Complete)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

After you hit OK in the Aircraft Configurator, are you getting the message that the changes will take effect the next time you run FSX? Now that I think about it, check the ac.cfg file in the configurator's folder to make sure the GTN was selected. It should say: for both, gps=F1DualGtn, 650 is gps=F1650, 750 is gps=F1750.

rsowder
Airman Basic

Post by rsowder »

patful wrote:After you hit OK in the Aircraft Configurator, are you getting the message that the changes will take effect the next time you run FSX? Now that I think about it, check the ac.cfg file in the configurator's folder to make sure the GTN was selected. It should say: for both, gps=F1DualGtn, 650 is gps=F1650, 750 is gps=F1750.
I checked the ac.cfg file and it says: gps=F1DualGtn. So, it looks like the configurator is working. There must be one other step I'm missing. The F1 GPS's work on all my other A2A aircraft, so this is puzzling to me as to why it won't work on this one.

I looked at the ac.cfg file for my other A2A aircraft and they had an additional line that the Bonanza doesn't have which is: UI=Confirmations. I added that manually, but that didn't help.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I really don't have any other ideas, might be a simconnect.dll issue. I've never had an issue with simconnect, not sure what happens with that. I do prevent Webroot from scanning with all P3d .exe and .dll files. Maybe try running the configurator as Administrator? Sorry.

rsowder
Airman Basic

Post by rsowder »

patful wrote:I really don't have any other ideas, might be a simconnect.dll issue. I've never had an issue with simconnect, not sure what happens with that. I do prevent Webroot from scanning with all P3d .exe and .dll files. Maybe try running the configurator as Administrator? Sorry.
I tried running in Administrator mode with no luck. Also reinstalled the Bonanza and that didn't help either. I don't think reinstalling the GPS will help as it's working on all my other A2A aircraft.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if anyone has successfully used this GPS with the Bonanza.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Randy,

It sounds as if something on your system is preventing the Aircraft Configurator from accessing and writing to files. Do you have any security software installed which may be enforcing such restrictions?

In any case, what you can try is navigating to the Bonanza's "panel" directory:

• Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Beechcraft_35_Bonanza\panel

Then delete the existing "panel.cfg" file and copy and rename "panel_F1_GTN750.cfg" to just "panel.cfg" to replace it. If you wish to use the GTN 650 or dual GTN options instead, copy and rename the relevant file in the same way.

To revert back to the default GPS panel, copy and rename the "panel_default.cfg" file back to "panel.cfg".

Thanks,
Nick

rsowder
Airman Basic

Post by rsowder »

Hi Nick,

I am only using the built in antivirus from Microsoft and I have not had an issue with any of the other A2A aircraft.

I am using FSX not Prepar3D but, I was able to find the Panel.cfg files. I made the change you suggested but I'm still not seeing the GTN GPS unfortunately.

Is there a .CFG file I can send you that will help resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help on this Nick. I really love the plane and once the GPS can be installed, it will be even better :)

Thanks,
Randy

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Randy,

Hmm - this is very puzzling. I'll get back to you in the next day or two unless you manage to resolve this issue in the meantime. :)

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”