Engine lack of crank

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Engine lack of crank

Post by cristi.neagu »

Hello,

I accidentally flooded the engine on start (got a bit zealous with the fuel pump...). So to clear it i cut the mixture and full throttle. As soon as the engine started, i reduced the throttle to idle and full mixture. I think i either reduced the throttle too fast or maybe it's because of the fault that just got raised (more about that in a little bit), but the engine stalled. So i tried starting it again, except this time it won't crank. Cycled the key all the way to off and back, but no crank. Not even an attempt. So i then check the hangar and it says i have a fuel leak. Maybe that's why the engine died, but why no crank? There are no other issues reported. I tried fixing the fuel leak, but the label won't go away. Not the first time that happens with a label, btw, but it's the first time it refuses to go away. Usually the fault goes away after a few clicks. Despite the label not going away, inspecting the aircraft tells me it's like new. But still no crank.

So... any ideas? I won't reset the plane yet, in case you want me to try different things.

Edit: this is P3D, btw...

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: Engine lack of crank

Post by cristi.neagu »

Restarting P3D allowed me to restart the engine and cleared the fuel leak fault, unfortunately. It would have been more interesting if it was persistent. Tried stalling the engine by reducing the throttle to 0%, but was able to restart it just fine. Seems like it was just a one off occurrence.

On a related note, what are the symptoms of a fuel leak as modelled, and what would cause one?

Thank you.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Until the first patch is released, pay very close attention to your circuit breakers if you have system problems. There's a "gremlin" mucking about causing breakers to trip a lot more than they should. Give them a good long look because it can be hard to tell if one has tripped at default zoom levels.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Aww... I forgot to check the breakers... But would they reset after restarting P3D? I didn't reset the aircraft from the hangar.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”