No engine sounds

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

No engine sounds

Post by Ron Attwood »

I get no engine /cockpit etc. sound in VR. (Oculus Rift) The only sounds I get are wind and rain. (love that rain sound!) Also throttle controller(Saitek TPM) acts up by going full bore at inconvenient moments. EVERYTHING works a treat in pancake vision. All other aircraft including A2A planes are absolutely fine in VR, well, the ones I tried anyway. (quite a few)
I've run the gamut of default versus Rift headset being set as default, assigning Rift as the default sound in P3Dv4.3.

I've had to dig out my TrackIR to fly the Bonanza! I didn't see that coming! :D

Had a search of the FAQ here and teh interwebs.

Oh,and a reinstall of the Bonanza
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No engine sounds

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ron,

Afraid I don't have any personal experience of using the Bonanza in VR yet, but do you use native Prepar3D VR, or Flyinside?

Thanks,
Nick

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Can't blame Flyinside, I don't have it. :)

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

I think most of the sounds inside the cockpit, especially the engine sounds, aren't produce through the sim, but instead come straight out of Accu-Sim. As such, make sure Accu-Sim outputs to the correct device. I think it's in the Shift-3 options.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

cristi.neagu wrote:I think most of the sounds inside the cockpit, especially the engine sounds, aren't produce through the sim, but instead come straight out of Accu-Sim. As such, make sure Accu-Sim outputs to the correct device. I think it's in the Shift-3 options.
Ahah! Sounds promising (ouch, sorry about that :D )

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Ron Attwood wrote:Ahah! Sounds promising (ouch, sorry about that :D )
No worries. Glad i could chime in :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Another thing to check Ron, is that whatever audio device you're using when in VR (maybe it's different than when you fly 'pancake'?) is set as the default audio device in Windows too.

Thanks,
Nick

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Nick - A2A wrote:Another thing to check Ron, is that whatever audio device you're using when in VR (maybe it's different than when you fly 'pancake'?) is set as the default audio device in Windows too.

Thanks,
Nick
That's what I've had to do. PITA! Why just the Bonanza?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It's not just the Bonanza Ron. That's the way it's always been with the Accu-Sim internal sound effects: they're played through whichever device is the default Windows playback device. I think the confusion typically occurs when users have set another device as their main playback device in FSX or P3D (I guess typically a headset) and the internal cockpit sounds don't play through it.

Does this sound similar to your setup?

Thanks,
Nick

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Sorry I've not replied Nick. Getting carried away with painting.

You're right, it's all A2A planes. So fair enough if that's how it has to be. What IS a damned nuisance is that P3D (or is it A2A? I'll have a play) insists on the Rift headset to be set as default as well as being nominated in P3D. I use DCS and Rift is enabled in that and the 'normal' sound is still default.

Oh well. Soon be Christmas. :D

I half expected Lewis to pop in, being a Rift man himself. :wink:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ron Attwood wrote:I half expected Lewis to pop in, being a Rift man himself. :wink:
Lew is deep, deep under cover at the moment Ron. I'll point him in the general direction of this thread when he emerges though. I'm still a pancake boy, so of limited use here. :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A rift man!? I Rift man!?

Vive Room Scale master Race thankyou very much :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, with the Vive, I start Steam VR, set the audio up to the relevant device (So family don't scare me to weeing my pants I tend to keep speakers and not use headphones so I can at least hear them trying to sneak up on me, though not an issue when in a first person game as more than once I may or may not have whacked a family member because in the game I was chopping of a robots head with my light sword. Whenever anyone plays a roomscale game family members are now warned to try to prevent controller to head contacts :mrgreen: ) ,....and then once set start the relevant game. Not sure if Rift allows this first step to get setup prior to launching?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Hi Lewis, I'd like to say that was very helpful...But I couldn't relate to that at all. I sit down when I'm flying and I only use Rift (Vive? Scott's paying you too much!)

Further tests show that with Realtek (we'll call it 'Normal') being Default and Rift selected in P3D all non A2A aircraft have sound everywhere. Only A2A insist on Rift being set as Default in Windows. Not knowing how all this coding stuff works, it seems to me that Accu-Sim is calling for Windows default rather than P3D settings. Whaddya think?

EDIT: A few smileys to show I'm relaxed.

:D :D :) :mrgreen:

Avidean
Airman

Post by Avidean »

OK, I though I'd search before I posted for a fix for this issue. Have to say, Ron de3scribed it perfectly. Wish I could say the same for the support posted. I wonder if Ron ever got it fixed. I have the exactly the same problem with the Samsung Odyssey+ in Prepar3D V4.4 using StreamVR. The only sound related option Shift 3 in the Spitfire is Headphones on/off. Well I tried that and all the VAGUE suggestions in this Thread. Anyone know whats going on here?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Avidean,

For a recently updated installation of the P3Dv4 Spitfire, you should have an 'Accusim sound menu' option in the 'Add-ons' menu. This will allow you to select which audio device you wish Accu-Sim sounds to be played through. Please see the pinned update announcement for more information.

For any further assistance with this feature, please can you post in the relevant tech support sub-forum.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”