Chasing The Erratic Instrument Gremlin

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
rightseat
Airman First Class

Chasing The Erratic Instrument Gremlin

Post by rightseat »

Gents, I have a strange problem that I thought would be fixed with the latest update.

I have a weird bug that causes just ONE of my gauges to flip from on to off every other second (literally). It's usually not the same gauge from one flight to the next, but it is always one gauge that acts this way.

For example, on my first flight (day of release), my Tach would jump back and forth from the actual value to zero, and back (over and over again).

Tuesday, it was my airspeed gauge that flipped back and forth between the correct value and nearly zero (over and over again), BUT the tach was fine.

Today (Friday). My tach and airspeed gauge are all fine, BUT my altimeter is flipping back and forth between zero and the correct value (cruise, climb, decent, the whole shooting match). I installed the latest update today.

Basically, I have a gremlin that moves from one gauge to the next, but usually never stays in one gauge for more than a flight or two, before he moves on. But he always moves to another gauge, acting the same way....

I have tried to fix the instrument in the maintenance hangar, but I never seem to have the option to fix the gauge because I've never seen an option to fix something.... Strange.

Any thoughts? :-)
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCADafr ... xfS9NhwThw

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Chasing The Erratic Instrument Gremlin

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
First off to help others to help you , you need to state your operating system ie win 7 or 10 ectra , and your sim is it FSXA/SE or P3D.
Also is your aircraft set up as new or used in shift+3 , in the hangar shift+7 , when you say nothing shows , did you hit the inspect button first, and then checked the instruments by opening the inst by clicking on the dial symbol, to see if anything was amiss.
Also do you have any other addons for the sim like weather enginges ,vr head set ectra
regards alan. 8)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

This is a really strange issue you are seeing, as there is nothing shared between these gauges. They are each completely independent. I've never seen anything close to this or heard of this before, so like Alan said, please let us know as much information as possible.

Big ones are FSX or P3D, operating system, using other big addons, etc.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

Sure thing. Here's the information you requested:

1. P3d v4.3
2. Windows 10 Home
3. Using Rex Skyforce for all my flights
4. Did NOT start with a USED a/c.
5. Yes, inspected in maintenance hangar, clicked on the instrument avatar, clicked on every instrument, but got no indication it needed fixing.

As I said, it jumps from one gauge to the next, but only one gauge per session is affected.

Thanks for looking into it.
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Was it doing this right from the first time you installed and flew it .
Also what anti virus are you useing , and is it set to ignor anything flightsim related , incase it is interfering with the aircraft in some way.
regards alan. 8)

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

I'm using Webroot, and it has been set up to ignore all my FS related things, was disabled during download, install, and during updates.

I've been seeing this same behavior every time since I first bought the Bo.
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Scott,

How are you loading the Bonanza in the sim? If you've saved a default Prepar3D scenario using the Bonanza instead of one of the default aircraft, that could explain any strange behaviour.

Thanks,
Nick

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

Hi Nick,

I don't start from any saved scenarios. I typically load P3d with the default scenario (F22 at the the AirForce Base). I load that up fully, then I switch planes, and then I switch scenery.

I had some more flights today, shutting down P3d between them. So far today, it's only the altimeter that's acting up.+

I took a video in P3d to show you:https://youtu.be/GNL7MKrB2RM

Thanks
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Scott,

Thanks for posting the video. This is an odd one for sure.

Please can you try a complete clean install of the Bonanza? Firstly uninstall in the normal way and then back up and delete the following folder "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35". After doing so, please restart your system and reinstall and update the product with your AV software disabled if possible.

Thanks,
Nick

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

I'll try that, Nick. But since I am uninstalling and downloading again to troubleshoot, could you please credit my download account for 1 download? I had 9 remaining, now I will have 8. If it's too much of a pain, then no big deal.

Thanks, and I'll get back to you with my results.
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Scott.

Any time you run out of available downloads, please just send a PM to "Lewis - A2A" and he'll be able to reset your count. It's not a hard and fast limit as such.

Interested to hear how you get on because this is an unusual one for sure.

Cheers,
Nick

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

Thanks, Nick.

OK, I completed all of your steps in their entirety. I have discovered the situation that causes the glitch: the Flight 1 GTN.

I thought all my problems were solved, but I thought I'd switch to the F1 GTN, which is what I normally use, and the bug returned.

I switched back to the default gps, reloaded, and the glitch disappeared. I then switched back to the F1 GTN, and the bug came back.

Here's a video to demonstrate: https://youtu.be/IiJPhaRdkHQ

Thanks for the help.

:)
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for trying that and posting the video Scott - this is an interesting result.

We'll investigate further our end and see if it's possible to reproduce this issue. In the meantime, please can you verify that your Flight1 software is fully updated? I'm afraid as I'm not a F1 customer I can't access their forums to verify what the most recent version is, or if any similar reports have been received.

Thanks,
Nick

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

rightseat wrote:Thanks, Nick.

OK, I completed all of your steps in their entirety. I have discovered the situation that causes the glitch: the Flight 1 GTN.

I thought all my problems were solved, but I thought I'd switch to the F1 GTN, which is what I normally use, and the bug returned.

I switched back to the default gps, reloaded, and the glitch disappeared. I then switched back to the F1 GTN, and the bug came back.

Here's a video to demonstrate: https://youtu.be/IiJPhaRdkHQ

Thanks for the help.

Scott,

I think we are the only two with similar problems. However for me, I have the "twitching" also with the Heading Bug on the HSI with the default GPS, or no GPS. The only combination that works for me without some sort of twitching is the RXP G430, using a slightly older version - 2.4.0.

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

Hi Nick, yes, I can confirm that I have the most current version of the GTN. I just ran the update tool to check.
I appreciate you looking into it for me.

Les, sorry to hear you also have the issue. I wonder if it is because both RXP and F1 GTN's rely on additional software (Garmin trainer and the like), and this is interfering. Lately, it's only my altimeter that is giving me the result, but before the twitch happened first on my Tach, then my ASI, then my Altimeter.

It's a strange result for sure, but at least it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the Bo.

Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”