Alitude setting

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Puk
Senior Airman

Alitude setting

Post by Puk »

Everyday I fly this beauty, I stumble on minor difficulties: as the screenshot below shows the altimeter doesn't allow me to dial 10.500 ft and by turning the altimeter knob, which only can be set for hundreds or thousands, I'm not able to get nice round numbers. Unless I missed something?

Puk

ImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Alitude setting

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I can dail in anything right up to 50000ft on the gauge the large knob for thousands , small knob for hundreds and units of 1 or more.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Puk,

This issue hasn't cropped up before, including in beta testing. Does the selected altitude ending in "99" persist between simulator sessions, or if not, is it something you've been able to reproduce?

For troubleshooting, some info on host sim type and any other add-ons active is always helpful.

Thanks,
Nick

Puk
Senior Airman

Post by Puk »

Hi Nick,
At least it occured during the sessions of yesterday and today, so It certainly seems to be a persisting issue.

Info:

Windows10
FSX SE
MCP COMBO
TPM
Multi Panel
Cessna Yoke + 2 quadrants
BIP
FIPS
Rudder Pedals
Chaseplane
Spad.Next (i.c.w. vfips)
AS2016

I'll do some more testing tomorrow; it might have something to do with the use of the MCP combo box which does show rounded numbers btw.

I'll let you know,

Puk
ImageImage

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

I'm getting this as well, but only when adjusting the altitude via the VR Insight MPanel (which I usually don't do..).
You can get rid of that using the mouse.. Dial all the way to 0 and then back where you want it.

Gesendet von meinem F8331 mit Tapatalk
Kind regards, Matthias

Puk
Senior Airman

Post by Puk »

Thanks guys for your responses, but as I suspected it's the MCP combo that's causing the wrong altitude selecting numbers. Didn't had this issue before with all the other A2A planes.

Puk

Strangely enough the same issue appeared after I had assigned some buttons (There're no dial knobs on my other hardware) to "AP Altitude Value (FSUIPC:0000:07D4)". So, if I raise or lower the altitude etting through FSUIPC by 1000, 100, 10 the display still gives me f.i. 2.999.

Must be a bug I think?
Last edited by Puk on 24 Sep 2018, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Yes, it looks like the hardware introduces some sort of rounding errors to altitude selector value. I adjusted the code to handle that, so it will be better in the next update :)
Michael Krawczyk

Puk
Senior Airman

Post by Puk »

Great, thanks!

Puk
ImageImage

Puk
Senior Airman

Post by Puk »

Yes, it looks like the hardware introduces some sort of rounding errors to altitude selector value. I adjusted the code to handle that, so it will be better in the next update :)

Puk
ImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Should be fixed, I'll double check.
Michael Krawczyk

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Should be fixed for good in the next update.
Michael Krawczyk

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”