Possible serious issue with Bonanza causing CTD

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Flightfreak
Airman

Possible serious issue with Bonanza causing CTD

Post by Flightfreak »

I installed the Bonanza with GTN750+650. On the ground everything is fine but seconds after takeoff I consistently get a CTD - again it only happens in the air. Another user also reported the same issue on Reddit

Flightfreak
Airman

Re: Possible serious issue with Bonanza causing CTD

Post by Flightfreak »

I should also add this is happening at OrbX airport.

I will update the OrbX libraries as the other user did and report back if it fixes for me as well. But the issue is only with the bonanza, all other aircraft work fine at OrbX airports.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Flightfreak.
What sim , what operating system,have you tried the aircraft at a stock sim airfield , have you tried it without the GTN750+650 , if in FSX , what was the VAS , in FSXA on a win7 64bit operating system, i have clocked up 32.4 hours , and the only CTD`s i have had , was prior to the without mipmaps , with my FSX.cfg file modified to 4096 texture size , which caused the sim to crash , not because of the aircraft , but it was sometimes ASN or sometimes scenery that caused the crash.
regards alan. 8)

Flightfreak
Airman

Post by Flightfreak »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi Flightfreak.
What sim , what operating system,have you tried the aircraft at a stock sim airfield , have you tried it without the GTN750+650 , if in FSX , what was the VAS , in FSXA on a win7 64bit operating system, i have clocked up 32.4 hours , and the only CTD`s i have had , was prior to the without mipmaps , with my FSX.cfg file modified to 4096 texture size , which caused the sim to crash , not because of the aircraft , but it was sometimes ASN or sometimes scenery that caused the crash.
regards alan. 8)
Win 10 P3D v4.3 - will try at stock airfield with stock avionics next time as well, thanks Alan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Flightfreak,

Sorry to hear of your issues. However, it might be worth you having a read through this recent topic if you haven't already. The poster there also reports that updating Orbx libraries seems to have fixed the issue.

If the problem persists, please can you let us know which specifc Orbx sceneries are involved? Posting the contents of the crash log will also help determine which module(s) are faulting.

Thanks,
Nick

Flightfreak
Airman

Post by Flightfreak »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Flightfreak,

Sorry to hear of your issues. However, it might be worth you having a read through this recent topic if you haven't already. The poster there also reports that updating Orbx libraries seems to have fixed the issue.

If the problem persists, please can you let us know which specifc Orbx sceneries are involved? Posting the contents of the crash log will also help determine which module(s) are faulting.

Thanks,
Nick
Hey Nick,
I tested at non-OrbX airports and it runs perfectly. The ones involved in the crashes were Pacific NW and Sekiu airport. I have no idea what component of the scenery would conflict with the bonanza, but I'm interested to know. I'm sure you know A2A and OrbX go together pretty well. crash logs coming.

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the extra info. I take it that means the crashes are continuing even after you updated your Orbx libraries in FTX Central 3?

I'm afraid I don't own the specific Orbx sceneries you mention, but I've used the Bonanza at various other Orbx airports with no issues.

Thanks,
Nick

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

I am the individual who posted on Reddit about this same issue. Startup and taxi work fine, but CTD shortly after takeoff. I will try to update my ORBX libraries and see if that clears anything up. Update hopefully soon.

charliecharlie
Airman

Post by charliecharlie »

Hi Flightfreak,

Sorry I have no clue about your issue, but after a CDT it's still informative to have a look at the windows events log to see witch
.exe and dll are involved.

As said above, is that happen only with GTN or with other avionics either (basic one, GNS...)

If GTN only, witch one do you have, F1 or RXP. Both are based on the Garmin trainer, but are two different products.

I understand your frustration, because Bonnanza and GTN is a fantastic combo !

Good luck

Georges

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

Quick update. Had my first successful flight for about an hour last night with no CTD.

Ran FTX central 3, all seemed up to date.

Set up P3D that Bonanza and saved flight loaded as default when the sim started up.

set resolution to ultra 4k to clear up the blurry cockpit textures (killing two birds with one flight)

took off from KAEG, flew around Albuquerque/santa fe area for about an hour. No issues. Beautiful landing back at home field.

Ill keep you updated on future flights/ failures as they come up.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Magneto505.

When you say "set up P3D that Bonanza and saved flight loaded as default when the sim started up" do you mean that the A2A Bonanza is saved with your default scenario? If so, this is something we strongly recommend avoiding. It's best to keep a default P3D aircraft for the default scenario.

Thanks,
Nick

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks for the update Magneto505.

When you say "set up P3D that Bonanza and saved flight loaded as default when the sim started up" do you mean that the A2A Bonanza is saved with your default scenario? If so, this is something we strongly recommend avoiding. It's best to keep a default P3D aircraft for the default scenario.

Thanks,
Nick
Normally the default F-22 is what I keep in my default scenario, but up until my previous post this always resulted is a CTD with the Bonanza. Other A2A aircraft did not have any issues. I'll try another flight tonight and see how it goes.

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

And here we go again. Haven't changed any setting since my previous successful flight, and another CTD. Again just shortly after takeoff. P3D freezes, then shuts down. I have no idea how to take any screenshots of any technical specifics that you guys might need, so if there is something you would like to see, let me know how to do it.

1 successful flight out of 5 attempts makes me sad.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Magneto505,
Magneto505 wrote:Normally the default F-22 is what I keep in my default scenario, but up until my previous post this always resulted is a CTD with the Bonanza.
If you're seeing a CTD as soon as you load the Bonanza from the default flight, I recommend deleting the Prepar3D.cfg and letting the sim generate a fresh copy of this file. This will reset all your P3D settings to default. This file can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please can you check the content of past error logs for this event and if possible paste one on the forum here. Probably the easiest way to do this is open the Windows "Reliability Monitor" and select one of the previous reports which should be shown by red x icons.

Thanks,
Nick

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Magneto505,
Magneto505 wrote:Normally the default F-22 is what I keep in my default scenario, but up until my previous post this always resulted is a CTD with the Bonanza.
If you're seeing a CTD as soon as you load the Bonanza from the default flight, I recommend deleting the Prepar3D.cfg and letting the sim generate a fresh copy of this file. This will reset all your P3D settings to default. This file can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please can you check the content of past error logs for this event and if possible paste one on the forum here. Probably the easiest way to do this is open the Windows "Reliability Monitor" and select one of the previous reports which should be shown by red x icons.

Thanks,
Nick

Ill give the .cfg file thing a try later as time permits, but for now here is what I found in reliability monitor
Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
Application Version: 4.3.29.25520
Application Timestamp: 5b2c3263
Hang Signature: 0000
Hang Type: 134250752
Waiting on Application Name: dxdiag.exe
Waiting on Application Version: 10.0.17134.1
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 00000000000000000000000000000000