Possible serious issue with Bonanza causing CTD

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Magneto505
Airman

Re: Possible serious issue with Bonanza causing CTD

Post by Magneto505 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Magneto505,
Magneto505 wrote:Normally the default F-22 is what I keep in my default scenario, but up until my previous post this always resulted is a CTD with the Bonanza.
If you're seeing a CTD as soon as you load the Bonanza from the default flight, I recommend deleting the Prepar3D.cfg and letting the sim generate a fresh copy of this file. This will reset all your P3D settings to default. This file can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please can you check the content of past error logs for this event and if possible paste one on the forum here. Probably the easiest way to do this is open the Windows "Reliability Monitor" and select one of the previous reports which should be shown by red x icons.

Thanks,
Nick

So here is an update again. Deleted Preparedd.cfg and allowed P3D to regenerate after a fresh load (also allowed computer to do a cold boot). same CTD as before, just moments after takeoff.

Updated video driver (from Nvidia control panel). Cold rebooted and tried again. once again, CTD moments after takeoff.

New problem, none of the latest CTDs register to "reliability monitor". Its as if they never happened. But the nature of the CTDS havent changed.

Tried other A2A aircraft. No fails. Tried other developers aircraft. No fails.

I'm now going to drink my sorrows away with a six pack of nice IPAs now. A2A i expect all my beer consumption costs reimbursed. And that can get costly...just saying'

EDIT: I always run in administrator mode, if you were wondering.

Flightfreak
Airman

Post by Flightfreak »

Magneto505 wrote:
Nick - A2A wrote:Magneto505,
Magneto505 wrote:Normally the default F-22 is what I keep in my default scenario, but up until my previous post this always resulted is a CTD with the Bonanza.
If you're seeing a CTD as soon as you load the Bonanza from the default flight, I recommend deleting the Prepar3D.cfg and letting the sim generate a fresh copy of this file. This will reset all your P3D settings to default. This file can be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please can you check the content of past error logs for this event and if possible paste one on the forum here. Probably the easiest way to do this is open the Windows "Reliability Monitor" and select one of the previous reports which should be shown by red x icons.

Thanks,
Nick

So here is an update again. Deleted Preparedd.cfg and allowed P3D to regenerate after a fresh load (also allowed computer to do a cold boot). same CTD as before, just moments after takeoff.

Updated video driver (from Nvidia control panel). Cold rebooted and tried again. once again, CTD moments after takeoff.

New problem, none of the latest CTDs register to "reliability monitor". Its as if they never happened. But the nature of the CTDS havent changed.

Tried other A2A aircraft. No fails. Tried other developers aircraft. No fails.

I'm now going to drink my sorrows away with a six pack of nice IPAs now. A2A i expect all my beer consumption costs reimbursed. And that can get costly...just saying'

EDIT: I always run in administrator mode, if you were wondering.

Magneto, have you tried different airports? The issue only happens for me at select OrbX locations.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thank you for the added info Magneto505,

After reading your penultimate post, it may be worth you running the DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429

And yes, please can you confirm if you're seeing this CTD at a default airport, or with add-on scenery such as Orbx regions/airports?

Thanks,
Nick

Petermuc3
Airman

Post by Petermuc3 »

Magneto,
in case your system is overclocked, remove the overclocking. It resolved my
CTD problem.
Peter

Flightfreak
Airman

Post by Flightfreak »

Petermuc3 wrote:Magneto,
CTD problem.
Peter
Never! Lol

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

EDIT: I always run in administrator mode, if you were wondering.[/quote]

Magneto, have you tried different airports? The issue only happens for me at select OrbX locations.[/quote]

No, all my airports are stock. The only mod I am currently running is ORBX FTX central base pack.

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

Petermuc3 wrote:Magneto,
CTD problem.
Peter

Not running any over clock here. Such tinkering scares me. hehe

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

for troubleshooting can we get you as far back to default P3D as possible please. Including removing the addon GPS from the aircraft and making sure you are launching the sim as admin (right click select run as admin) and no add-on launcher software etc either.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

for troubleshooting can we get you as far back to default P3D as possible please. Including removing the addon GPS from the aircraft and making sure you are launching the sim as admin (right click select run as admin) and no add-on launcher software etc either.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

So for me I have not installed any GPS in my aircraft. Basic stack is fine for me, as I love tracking VORs the way I learned in the real world. I always run Admin. As far as FTX central base (my only addon), should I find a way to disable it? is that possible?

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Thank you for the added info Magneto505,

After reading your penultimate post, it may be worth you running the DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429

And yes, please can you confirm if you're seeing this CTD at a default airport, or with add-on scenery such as Orbx regions/airports?

Thanks,
Nick

This option was not possible. After clicking the above link, windows basically told me that version of direct x is only available for older version of windows.

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

So update time. Last night I manually ran dxdiag.exe (mostly just to see what the program actually was). I cant remember what the prompt asked me, but it had me answer something before proceeding with loading the tool. Long story short, the diagnostic ran and reported no problems. I then closed the tool.

Ran P3D and had a splendid flight in the Bonanza for two hours last night. No issues.

I'll try the same scenario tonight, without pre-running dxdiag.exe and see what happens. So far by looking in the reliability monitor, dxdiag.exe is the only program that seems top make it crash. And no other aircraft in my library have been having this issue.

More to follow.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Magneto505,

Apologies for the incompatible link I posted above. Please could you try this one instead?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... 034bcdd6d2

Thanks,
Nick

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

You say that this happens just after takeoff and with other a2a nothing bad happens ? Hmm maybe some effects are triggered here, maybe new sounds of tires cause this ? Set your special effects as low as possible and check, refresh your shaders after the new drivers installation as well. Maybe sound drivers need to be looked at as well as directx library ?

Any other programs in the background like antivir/windows defender ? How is your sim installed and where ? Where are a2a planes installed ? Your UAC settings ? Anything particular about your rig/setup ? How many monitors ?

You may want to reinstall the plane, with a fresh installer as well

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

This problem is also on my machine. I deleted the cfg file, and let it reprogram. Left kakr to burke lake front landed parked plane. Then I left the sim on with no pas. had to go out for about an hour came back and restarted airplane. Took off got about a thousand feet and then it froze and ctd. I haven't tried the shader folder. Should I delete the whole folder? I checked the Reliability Monitor and their was nothing there. This has got me frustrated. Here is my computer specs. Thanks for your help. :( :twisted:
Mother board P8z77-v
cpu i5_3570k overclocked at 3.7
Corsair ddr3 8gigs
N vidia 760 gtx
Water cooled corsair 100
800watt power supply
24 inch asus monitor

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

p3dv4 crashed to desktop first thing this morning. Took off Raised gear turned to my heading,crash to desktop. checked reliability monitor showed. I am running windows 10 64 bit.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
Application Version: 4.3.29.25520
Application Timestamp: 5b2c3263
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fec5
Fault Module Version: 10.0.17134.254
Fault Module Timestamp: a5a334d4
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_2A_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009AA44
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fec5