Possible serious issue with Bonanza causing CTD

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
FSC190
Airman

Re: Possible serious issue with Bonanza causing CTD

Post by FSC190 »

Hi,
similar problem here, CTD without any report of event manager. Had several CTDs yesterday flying with Acrivsky Weather.
Today I started the flight in Germany with ORBX GES, without actual weather, with no problems, until I started AS that leads into a CTD when AS connected to P3Dv4.3.

I logged this session with Procmon, if it is any help, the log is here
The orignial Procmon-File

http://serverfsc-ev.de/DL/Logfile_2_P3D ... 2ABE35.PML

XML-Format
http://serverfsc-ev.de/DL/Logfile_2_P3D ... 2ABE35.XML

EDIT: BTW Absolute no problem with any other plane.
with kind regards

Roland Pohl
FSC e.V. Germany
FS Magazin Painter

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Hi guys I think I might have solved the problem with p3d v4. What I did is on the opening screen with my default airplane showing, I selected the Bo. and went flying. Took off flew to a few airports with no CTDs. Did the same thing this morning, no problems. I don't know if is the problem, but it seemed to help me. Will do more testing. Thanks Jim :D :D :D :D

FSC190
Airman

Post by FSC190 »

luvtofly wrote:Hi guys I think I might have solved the problem with p3d v4. What I did is on the opening screen with my default airplane showing, I selected the Bo. and went flying. Took off flew to a few airports with no CTDs. Did the same thing this morning, no problems. I don't know if is the problem, but it seemed to help me. Will do more testing. Thanks Jim :D :D :D :D
Unfortunately, this is the way I always start my flights. That does not solve the problem in my case.
with kind regards

Roland Pohl
FSC e.V. Germany
FS Magazin Painter

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Hi Roland,

I don't have anything running just p3dv4 and TrackIR. I also unticked teo items in the control panel, I thing one is weight on attachment, and something else, which is right below the weight think. You might want to try that. Thanks Jim

FSC190
Airman

Post by FSC190 »

Hi Jim,
I am just flying with out any problems for more than one hour without ActiveSky.
Also I flew this trip with the Standard BE58 and with ActiveSky without problems.
So for me there is something AS does what the A2A B35 does not like.
with kind regards

Roland Pohl
FSC e.V. Germany
FS Magazin Painter

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Hi Roland
I have active sky on my fsx with acceleration I also have the Bo and I have no problems. Did you try shutting off some stuff in active sky? I just did a short flight with no problems. I hope you get it all sorted out. When I get some extra cash I will be getting active sky for p3dv4. Let me know how things progress. Thanks Jim

FreeBird
Airman First Class

Post by FreeBird »

I found using Active sky with High settings especially cloud draw distances will cause CTDs with the Bonanza

FSC190
Airman

Post by FSC190 »

Oh Boy, it seems to be more difficult then I expected.
About 1 hour flight with Acrivsky in Canada, Toronto without no problems.
Maybe it is the combination in germany of ORBX Germany south, AS and the Bonaza.

I will continue testing :-)
with kind regards

Roland Pohl
FSC e.V. Germany
FS Magazin Painter

Magneto505
Airman

Post by Magneto505 »

Another day, another CTD with the Bonanza.....But something new happened!!!!! I got some new messages that may be of help.

After the crash, I restarted my computer. When it booted up, dxdiag.exe automatically popped up with basically the following two messages...

1. " DXdiag detected there may have been a problem accessing direct3d the last time the program was used. Would you like to bypass direct3d this time?"

2. " DXdiag detected there was a problem accessing system information the last time the program was used. Would you like to bypass system information this time?"

Again, I have never seen this program pop up like this during boot-up before. And this ONLY happens with the Bonanza. I've been flying my Comanche and 182 like crazy with NO issues.

So my question is, what different about the Bonanza vs Comanche and 182 in regards to direct3d? My version of D3D is up to date BTW, as is my Nvidia video driver.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

One new thing is the rain effect, but this is inactive when there isn't raining in the sim. You can easily disable it completely by removing the Windshield.dll gauge from aircraft directories.
Michael Krawczyk

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Hi,
Ok, same problem there...

The issue occurs (about four out of five flights) everytime during final!

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.4.16.27077, time stamp: 0x5bfdbb35
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24291, time stamp: 0x5be7857f
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x000000000008b2ad
Faulting process id: 0x24f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d48cfac56c55e9
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: aea410a5-f8fc-11e8-b54e-240a640748f4

ORBX KSEZ
https://imgur.com/lFxPZoX

ORBX FTX Global+Vector+OpenLC NA+all FTX Region+Some ORBX airports
P3Dv4.3 and P3Dv4.4 W7U64
Bonanza with F1GTN750
Ezca2
GSX2
AS P3Dv4
TrackIR
FSUIPC

No problem with all my other aircrafts.

Thanks and Regards,
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Drums,

if you can start a new thread that would be better. The ntdll P3D error from memory tends to be due to an overloaded system, often linked to heavy scenery usage.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”