Flap Switch on Stick Slider

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Flap Switch on Stick Slider

Post by ClipperLuna »

Discovered something unfortunate about linking my flap lever to the "throttle" slider on my Logitech 3D pro. The flap switch behaves like you would expect if I use the slider to move it to either the up, off, or down positions, which correspond to the 0%, 25%, and 75% positions on the slider (with some wiggle room). However, if I move it all the way down, the flap lever in the cockpit stays in the down position, but I hear a click (like the lever's being moved again), and then the flaps quit moving. However, I can still hear the flap motor working and the ammeter shows it's pulling power. I've got the flaps lever set to slider in the input configurator. Seems to be calibrated right.

FSC190
Airman

Re: Flap Switch on Stick Slider

Post by FSC190 »

Hi ,
you can not assign a normal axis to flaps as usual down with other aircraft.

If you like to handle it by FSUIPC5 you can do this with a little lua-scripting.
You need (so I did) 3 lua-Files, each containing the function for FLaps UP, Flaps Neutral and Flaps DOWN.
I copied it out of the LINDA-Script by Günter Steiner (Thanks Günter) for the B35.
Use Notepad.exe to edit a simple TXT-File and name it B35_Flaps_up.lua; B35_Flaps_Neut.lua and B35_Flaps_Down.lua

In the first file (Flaps up) insert

Code: Select all

ipc.writeLvar("LandFlapsPos", 0)
In the sec. file (Flaps N) insert

ipc.writeLvar("LandFlapsPos", 1)
And finaly in th thrd. file (Flaps DN) insert

ipc.writeLvar("LandFlapsPos", 2)
To make it easier, I attached the three files below.
http://serverfsc-ev.de/DL/B35_Flaps_up.lua
http://serverfsc-ev.de/DL/B35_Flaps_Neut.lua
http://serverfsc-ev.de/DL/B35_Flaps_Down.lua

After that you are done with the first part.

In FSUIPC5 (you need the full version) go to Axis Assignment and move your Flap axis to get it active.
Do not assign any function on the left side, but Set up 3 ranges on the right side on this page.
First range goes form "Full Flaps up" position to the beginning of the neutral zone. i.E from 2304 to 16383.
Mark the Up and Down checkbox.
To enter those values just move your axis to the wanted postion and klick the From or To button.
There is no need to do exactly this values, just do it as you like to have it.
Activate "Control Send when range entered" and search in the dropdown for your lua funktion (lua B35 Flaps Up)
The name is always your filename with lua in front.
Repeat this for the other two functions.
You can see my example here.

That sounds a bit difficult but it is easier to do than to write it down :-)
Good luck.
with kind regards

Roland Pohl
FSC e.V. Germany
FS Magazin Painter

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

ClipperLuna wrote:Discovered something unfortunate about linking my flap lever to the "throttle" slider on my Logitech 3D pro. The flap switch behaves like you would expect if I use the slider to move it to either the up, off, or down positions, which correspond to the 0%, 25%, and 75% positions on the slider (with some wiggle room). However, if I move it all the way down, the flap lever in the cockpit stays in the down position, but I hear a click (like the lever's being moved again), and then the flaps quit moving. However, I can still hear the flap motor working and the ammeter shows it's pulling power. I've got the flaps lever set to slider in the input configurator. Seems to be calibrated right.
Yes, I have that too. I just take care not to move my Saitek Throttle lever below the 25% mark. Maybe I'll have a look at the FSUIPC fix, but I'm not to worried about it..
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Should be fixed in the next update.
Michael Krawczyk

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

some1 - A2A wrote:Should be fixed in the next update.
"Like"
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”