3rd party GNSS on a 4K screen - altitude window etc lost

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ft
Staff Sergeant

3rd party GNSS on a 4K screen - altitude window etc lost

Post by ft »

Hello,
I have a 4K monitor and the Flight1 GNS 450/530.

When I configure the aircraft to use the Flight1 GNSS system, the autopilot altitude select window, ADF display and DME displays are dark. The selected altitude instead shows up in the NAV1 display, along with both the DME and ADF display information. The NAV radio information does not come up at all.

This limits the usability of the aircraft somewhat, at least if I want to use a 3rd party GNSS.

If I configure for the RealityXP GNSS (which I do not have), the displays act up in the same manner. GNS 430, 530 or both - no difference. Popping P3D over to a more normally sized monitor doesn't change things.

Quite interesting, isn't it? Not to mention annoying. Looking forward to bright solutions. :)

Cheers,
/Fred
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: 3rd party GNSS on a 4K screen - altitude window etc lost

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Fred,

Have you installed the latest update for the Bonanza as described here? The fix for this issue is one of the items that's included.

Thanks,
Nick

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Affirm, double checked and it says I'm up to date.

Setting the 4K panels to 100% doesn't do anything either I'm afraid.
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Fred,

When you say "setting the 4K panels to 100% doesn't do anything either" do you mean that even when you set this option to 100% in the Aircraft Configurator and reload, you still have enlarged 2-D panels, or the avionics displays are still offset, or both?

Thanks,
Nick

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Didn't check the 2D panels, but the avionics displays were still offset.

However, knowing you had a patch out there that didn't seem to have taken for me, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Bonanza. Upon reinstall, it updated to the most recent P3D version.

The reinstall process seems to have done the trick.

No guess as to what may have caused the update not to take, but happy to help if you want to investigate further.

Cheers,
/Fred

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Fred.

Just to clarify a bit, is this the first time you recall the separate update installer running, or did it also launch when you first installed the product?

Nick

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

I installed the Bonanza a few days before that update, so it didn't update anything the first time around. Can't recall if it ran or not.

Cheers,
/Fred

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks. I'd say the main culprit for the updater not behaving as expected would be AV software, but seeing as the issue with your installation appears to be resolved it's a bit of a mystery.

Good to hear the avionics display issue is sorted anyway.

Cheers,
Nick

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

The one thing I can think of is I may have run the updater without admin rights the first time around.

Cheers,
/Fred

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

And to put a lid on this one, the avionics wasn't the only thing patched. With the working avionics, the flight dynamics changed as well so chances are I wasn't seeing anything of the patch outside of the updater.

One of those lovely "I have no idea what this is about so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head" issues for the bug tracker. :D

Loving the bird, close enough to the Piper 28s I fly in real life to be useful practise but a lot easier to get a flight in during an evening with the just slightly (ahem) cruise speeds.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”