Bonanza + Orbx Darrington Muni 1S2 = SimConnect error

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Simicro
Senior Airman

Bonanza + Orbx Darrington Muni 1S2 = SimConnect error

Post by Simicro »

Hi,

I would like to report that: Bonanza + Orbx Darrington Muni 1S2 = SimConnect error.

I had the error message several times already but not all the times. The problem does not occur with the A2A C172. When the error is displayed, sometimes I loose sound.

My specs and addons are in my signature. Additionally I have FTX Global Base + Vector + OpenLC US and Europe.

Any additional info required, I will provide.

By the way can you please increase the character count (limited to 255) for the signature?

Last edited by Simicro on 21 Oct 2018, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

Simicro
Senior Airman

Re: Bonanza + Orbx Darrington Muni 1S2 = SimConnect error

Post by Simicro »

OK I read the FAQ regarding SimConnect. However unless I misread it is for FSX. I'm on P3D.

As sound can be involved, maybe there is a conflict with the OrbX scenery sounds (eg: birds...)
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Simicro,

Have you tried varying the way in which you load the aircraft at the airport in question? For example, you could try loading a simple default P3D aircraft at 1S2, and then switch to the Bonanza after the Orbx airport has had a chance to load its content.

Thanks,
Nick

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Hi Nick,

I did not but I will try.

Yes, 2 demanding addons are loading at the same time.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

I only got an error once in P3D using this aircraft+scenery combo. But at the time i was messing around with cameras and ChasePlane, loading the sim in and out a lot, and i think i didn't give it enough time to load before messing with things. Maybe unrelated, but thought i'd mention it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A sim connect error is normall due to too many reloads of the host sim causing it to case simconnect to break or a flight loading issue.

Please make sure you are not using the aircraft as the default flight for example as this can cause flight load issues.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

@cristi.neagu: you did well to mention it. Thanks. I have Chase Plane too, and FS Tramp. Those 2 are stable IMHO. Maybe the combos of all four OrbX 1S2 + Bonanza + Chase Plane + FS Tramp. Also sometimes I quit the sim and reload, quit and reload for some reasons. I will pay more attention to that in the future.

@Nick and Lewis: thanks for your attention to my case. Understood the attention point on "many reloads of the host sim". And yes I am aware of the effects of not starting the sim with the default P3D flight and aircraft. Anyway, you can consider this case as closed. Only if I find something new worth mentioning I will relaunch this thread. Thanks guys.

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Report: in one same windows session (I did not restart the PC), I loaded the Bo on the default airport and quited P3Dv4. I repeated that 3 times and... no problem.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

HI Simicro - thanks for the update. Sounds like just an isolated problem and I've seen the same thing from time-to-time with the more complex Orbx airports. Generally a simple restart of the sim will be enough to get everything loading correctly.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”